Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have a Take

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Have a Take

This thread will be stricly used for rants and raves about what is going on in the baseball season.
    For inspiration, check out saber's write up this week: http://strike3forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389

Here is how it will go. Have a take about any topic you would like. Remember to follow the forum rules, but go off on whatever you feel you need to. We will choose a winner every week on a poll.

The only other rule is, don't suck!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    The game amongst all games has begun. It is baseball season, yet we are sitting on bigger topics that are taking over the play on the field.

Roger Clemens is one of the best pitchers of all time. I would love to see him pitch again. But he has not made up his mind whether we will be able to have this priviledge ever again. Well then screw you Clemens! I am sick and tired of having to wait for you to make up your mind. If you love the game so much, what keeps you from playing it until your arm falls off? You were one of the most dominant pichers in the game last year, so what is holding you back George Burns? I don't care that you served in the first caveman's war. I don't care that you want to win a ring. I don't care if you want more money. And don't give me that line. Oh you know the line; the standard "I want to spend more time with my family." This is your profession. If you could still make a few million dollars doing what you love and are able to keep yourself from enormous regret, wouldn't your loving family be happy for you?

On another note, why isn't there a freakin salary cap on baseball? It is ridiculous to see the NFL go through this kind of torture. Yet, it may be the best thing for them. The GM of a professional sports team is not going to be as profecient if he can get everything handed to him because the owner can buy anything he needs. The GM that has a budget to work around will be less successful, but far better in his course. We may as well welcome Bonds to the Yankees next season. We may as well say the Marlins will win the World Series in 5 years. We may as well say that the Brew Crew has taken a page out of that Marlins history and will bust up some teams on their way to a title this year. But can we say that the Yanks will win it all this year? Or are we aware of the inevitable defeat? Does America hate this team so much because their is not a salary cap? Abso-freakin-lutely.

I can't end this without a little rant on the Cincinnati Reds. Oh no, this team is not bad this year. Surprise! Their starting pitching is looking like a rotation full of aces compared years prior. Their sticks are dropping bombs more than your average soldier in Kuwait. If it were not for a team that cannot pick it like if it were a choice between Jessica Alba and King Kong, this team would be a sole leader in the NL Central. Oh yeah, the bullpen sucks now too. Hey Indians fan, you want to give us Graves back? Nah, I can't stump that low, but I would rather that train wreck than Chris "I love the other team" Hammond.

War Harang becoming a true ace.
    War David sunflower seeds.
    And war strike3forums.com

I am out!

Let the voice of the Reds fan be heard.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    redsrbetter, thanks for the vine.

Hey ESPN, do us all a favor and put that pathetic excuse of a reality show "Bonds on Bonds" out of its misery. We don't need to see a steroid user, allegedly, crying about how bad his life is right now. And Barry, you aren't doing yourself any favors by crying on television. No one has sympathy for you, well except Giants myopeans, err, fans. By the way, the reason you're crying is because of testosterone deprivation. Its a side effect of shrinking your testicles with the juice.

By far the funniest thing I've seen so far this season was that Padres fan chucking a syringe at Barry. While it wasn't original, it was quite entertaining. And Barry saying it had nothing to do with him was the stupidest thing he's ever said. Barry, the last time I checked, they weren't throwing that syringe at Pedro Feliz.

That's all I got. War Ken Griffey, Jr. for being clean. War the Federal Government for kicking a man while he's down.

And like a Gay Canadian... I'M OOT!
    rf28

Reds suck.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Just like your mother did last night, General.
    rf28

How original.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Good take rf28. I don't know that they need to get rid of Bonds on Bonds. I kind of liked it even though I could not believe a word he said. I think he is a sensitive guy who may be under a tremendous amount of stress. But it is my beliefe that he pout that on himself. So go ahead and cry Barry, I am not going to feel sorry for you.

OK next...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    Good take rf28. I don't know that they need to get rid of Bonds on Bonds. I kind of liked it even though I could not believe a word he said. I think he is a sensitive guy who may be under a tremendous amount of stress. But it is my beliefe that he pout that on himself. So go ahead and cry Barry, I am not going to feel sorry for you.

OK next...
    What, I don't get racked???
    rf28

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Yeah, we'll go ahead and rack him.

Speaking of which, where is 777rak???

Our next take will be...

MLB ERA
    Steroids are a huge issue, but it's not my biggest problem with baseball. I despise the Major Leaguers who treat the game as business, work, whatever the **** they are calling it now, and play for money. A few recent examples: Roy Oswalt saying he's only playing 5 more years. Why are you setting a retirement timetable? You're ****ing 28. Millions of people would love to have your talents and you go and throw shit in the face of all your fans because you have the financial security you need. Retire now you scumbag. You don't need us we don't need you. Another example: Barry Bonds. This Me against the world attitude pisses me off. I don't care what you ****ing did, if you were half the man you attempt to pass off you would just shut the **** up and play. I couldn't give a shit about your personal life even if I tried. The only reason you're under the "limelight" is because you want to be. Get that attitude out of the greatest game in the world. Yet another example: I personally am a patriot, I love my country, but I have to rant on Carlos Delgado. He made a huge ****ing deal about the National Anthem and God Bless America and now he stands for them because he's getting paid to? Listen Carlos, sit the **** down, turn your back, do what you feel is right, it looks way better then having your dignity bought out. These guys need a lesson from people like Bubba Crosby, a Mike Knuble in hockey, guys who play because they love it. Baseball's not about throwing your helmet after you ground out, but about running your hardest trying to beat out the throw. Guys like Manny don't do this and they need to be slapped around until they do.

OK, now for another area of my loathing. Don't you just hate casual baseball fans? I went to the Yankee game yesterday and was sitting there trying to watch and all the people behind me kept talking about was how much they loved Derek Jeter or how Jason Giambi has great hair. Now for the clincher: These weren't expensive seats. They were the ****ing bleachers. If you sit in the bleachers you expect to watch the ****ing game. I hate how now baseball has turned into a social excursion. Go to a goddamned restaurant, especially if you're going to inhibit all the real fans from watching the game.

Finally, I hate how people go flying off their seat for Johnny Damon then no one gets up for Kelly Stinnett. I hate Johnny Damon. So, to be spiteful of the crowd, I stood on the bleachers and went crazy every time Stinnett got up. He got a hit and laid down a perfect Sac Bunt but no one even noticed. So I'd like to see a little more love for the backups, one of them may help you win a World Series (a la Jose Vizcaino)

I'm done.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Doug Mientkiewicz should never bat third, ever. May all of KC be fired now.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    Rack him. Nice take Dry.

I never heard anything about Delgado not liking God Bless America. That is news to me. But if he didn't like it, he can kiss someones butt. As far as players not appreciating the game for what it is; it does seem like a lot of them think of it as more of a grind and just a job they do everyday. I can't hate on those that have a God-given talent to play professional sports and simply hate the game that they are playing. As long as they play hard and turn that grind into an everyday hustle.

HaHa he said that "casual fans love Jason Giambi's hair." HaHa, thats a good one. I wonder how many casual fans even know who Kelly Stinnett is. What a joke, casual fans.

Great take...

next...

AAA ERA
    Yea, i'm starting to get mad at the ESPN bottom line, everytime the Giants score comes up it says "Chasing Ruth" then it has what he did that game....even if he went 0-4 with 2 k's.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    coming soon to a thread near you:

Lynch: Hey everyone, I just wanted to tell everyone that we have grown immensely in the last two weeks. Ther have been a total of 48 new posters registered!

We appreciate the enthusiasm brought by many of you to better the forums outlook. Thanks for the hard work for all of those who have recruited and thanks to the diehards around here for making this place what it is. Great job everyone!

saber: Ahhh who cares, everyone sucks!

redsrbetter: Yep, this place has become insane the last few weeks. I can hardly keep up. Great work everyone! Lets keep them coming.

KOZ: You all can thank me as I had a lot to do with the with this.

no J/K I am not sure what happened, but it is great. Thanks everyone!

Providence: I think it was Lynch's bribe skills that got them here. Now he owes a lot of people money.

Lynch: Nah, I just offered them your mom.

General: ahhh, he got you. But to be honest, Providence swapped his mom with CRF's sister.

777rak: +rep +rep +rep

DK: hmmm.. CRF's sister is worth the trip over here for sure...

McKain: I'd sign up for a chance at that...

CRF: OK guys, that should be enough I hope. Anyhow great work by all who had anything to do with this. I know I got Deez Nutzz in here. He has been a good poster and a lot of these guys followed him.

777rak: great work CRF +rep

mission: I just wanted to say that we have been hoping for a day like this to come. Good work to all you guys and we have to keep our attention on recruiting. This place has blown up and it is nifty. Now I have to make so many boss sigs that I am going to be busy for a lifetime.

KOZ: nifty?

Dry: Hey General, why did you even post in here? You had nothing to do with this.

DK: because he is trying to get rep

McKain: No he is still post padding

redsfan28: Great work everyone! This place rules and I am glad others get a chance to see it.

WallyMoPena: 48 new members? That means we have a 98% newly registered members rate compared to weeks prior. Using this simple equation (48 * (7) * 1) 1 = the rate of members we had sigining up before.

DK: now if we could only get rid of our useless posting from some names that will not be mentioned.

Halladay: Great work everyone! The Blue Jays forum is booming now!

Witlon: I know what you mean Halladay, I have some more people to talk to other than Friday and the occasional few posters that come around.

Fisher: The Blue Jays had a solid core, but they are competing with the Reds now. Great work everyone! This is a step up for the forums!

.Kobe.: I'm back for good now guys!

A's Baby Girl: me too!

awefullspellare: Glad to see the Cubs have some posters now too!

Bear: I came in here and all these people followed me. I made this place what it is so thank me.

Saber: Shut up loser

bipster: I'm drunk

Providence: Pass the bottle man!

riverdunesrat: Did you get anything from my bar? It has been empty lately.

BoSox34: No more Red Sox fans!?! This sucks!

CrazyEights: We have some teams open in the sim league!!!

Dam8610: don't worry BoSox, we have no new fans either. i guess nobody can admit they are a Sox fan.

Element: Hey mission, if you need help with your "boss" sigs let me know.

MF87: yeah I'll help out as well.

ghetto: I got yo back.

RocksSports: Two more have signed up but one of them is a spammer. Admins can we ban him?

By the way, very nice work everyone!

redsrbetter: I got you Rocks. Nice find.

Geki Ace: Plenty more Reds fans. This sucks, this is all I need is some more Reds fans talking about nothing.

griffeyfan30: I am happy to have more Reds fans

HollywoodLeo: Glad to have you back .Kobe.! We have a lot of Pads fans to talk with now, lets get this going.

NFLman: I haven't really noticed a big change. But good work I guess.

padrefanforever: We already had some Pads fans, but now this is insane!

Porter99: Hey guys, great work. I am happy to see more M's fans as well. I have plenty of ideas now that we have more posters.

rockin500: oh well, the Cubs may have more fans, but unless they can pitch, I don't really care. we need replacements for Wood and Prior quick.

RZ: Great work everyone! I am glad I came here too. Keep it up!

SF Kid: Oh great more Bonds or steroids contributors.

KOZ: Yep, Bonds is a cheater!

SLAM: Great work everyone! Go B Jays

Saber: Nobody was asking for a BJ.

DK: Bonds doesn't cheat, he just sucks now for no reason.

SF Kid: Here we go...

Bear: I wasn't going to say anything but

(edited by redsrbetter)

redsrbetter: Lets keep it clean in this thread. Bring the Bonds talk to the smack forum.

MLB ERA
    Your supposed to have 50000000000000 useless posts by General in there...lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast