Thread: M's looking at another Carl?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Mariners M's looking at another Carl?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseba...67_mari12.html

YANKS COOL ON REED: Speculation on trades between the Mariners and Yankees has often started with the premise that New York would insist on Jeremy Reed's inclusion in any proposal for right-hander Carl Pavano.

Now, that assumption seems outdated. One Yankees source said Sunday that they would not view Reed as a significant upgrade over Bubba Crosby.

Instead, the source said, Seattle would need to make bullpen components -- such as Julio Mateo, J.J. Putz, Rafael Soriano or some combination thereof -- a significant part of any deal for Pavano. New York also likes left fielder/designated hitter Raul Ibanez, but the Mariners would be reluctant to move him.

MLB ERA
    I wouldn't want Reed or Soriano in the deal. And if they don't view Reed as a significant upgrade over Crosby then that is their problem.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    theres no way Reed or Soriano gets dealt in any deal unless MAYBE if its Wang or Aaron Small. i just dont see it happening.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Wang or Aaron Small aren't that good. Pavano would pitch well in Seattle. But we're only going to trade for him if the Yanks pick up half his tab, which is unlikely.

MLB ERA
    If the Yanks are desperate to move him, they may eat a chunk of his remaining contract. He would do better in Safeco than Yankee Stadium I bet.

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence A's
    He would do better in Safeco than Yankee Stadium I bet.
    Nawww, ya think?

MLB ERA
    considering he had a career year in a pitcher's park, yes!

MLB ERA
    That is probably why I'm so high on all the Marlins pitchers. Most fans expect a drop off after leaving Dolphins stadium, at Safeco, they'll probably have a better year. Carl would be a good fit at a reduced cost. And also with a side of Millwood.

MLB ERA
    Safeco and McAfee Coliseum are pitcher's parks. I'd expect most pitchers to do well there and at RFK and Pro Player or whatever it is. I expected, and predicted, that Pavano wouldn't do well in Yankee Stadium. I know he was injured, but he was 1 - 3 with an ERA close to 7 in the whole 47 innings he pitched there last year.