Thread: Wilson decides to call it a career

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wilson decides to call it a career

SEATTLE -- The last link to the 1995 Mariners team credited with saving Major League Baseball in the Northwest has decided to retire.

Catcher Dan Wilson, who has spent most of the 2005 season on the disabled list with a knee injury, announced Monday afternoon at Safeco Field that he was ending his 12-year career. Several club officials, including president Chuck Armstrong and assistant general manager Lee Pelekoudas, attended the press conference.

"I have decided that this will be my last season," Wilson said. "I just think it is time. I have been blessed to spend the past 12 seasons here in Seattle playing with the Mariners and great, great teammates."
    Considering Bret Boone did some help and got Wilson here by trade, ironically its the same trade that got us the great services of the blown save from Bobby Ayala. On a more serious note, I'm going to miss the conisistency that he brought to the team for all those years. He might go down as the best M's catcher ever.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASA...=.jsp&c_id=sea

Here is the official statement

http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/NASA...ives&fext=.jsp

And here is another article regarding his retirement