Thread: M's better off without Franklin

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

M's better off without Franklin

This guy thinks so

Memo to the Mariners:

Get rid of Ryan Franklin.

Tell him to leave Seattle and take his 6-13 record and his 5.10 earned-run average and his rage and that "my-teammates-never-get-me-any-runs" chip on his shoulder with him.

Get him out of the rotation. Give those final eight starts he expects through the rest of the season to someone who deserves them.
    Why not? It's not like he's helping them...they've still got a shot at 3rd place instead of last place as they are only 4 games behind the slumping Rangers.

MLB ERA
    If he wasn't a whiny little b*tch (for the record, I hate the guy, but I buy his steroid excuse, although he should've been more cautious about what supplements he takes) who thought that he only sucks because of a lack of defense and run support then I could handle him being the 5th guy in the rotation. However, I've never heard a guy complain like Franklin, after his arguments with BP and Beltre this week I say we show him the door. Give a guy who has earned a shot, like Harris, a chance to pitch for us.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I just say get rid of a guy thats allowed 40 HRs last season and over 20 again this season. I just dont like him because hes more inconsistent than Dennis Scott shooting the 3. Give Harris the job, hes deserved it. Send Franklin to Hell.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Franklin gets hammered again

The shelling in Arlington was nothing new for Franklin, whose career ERA at Ameriquest Field was raised to 8.38, but he said afterward that the thought of pitching in what seems to be his personal torture chamber has not crept into his head.

"It should, but it doesn't," he said. "Everybody knows that this is a hitter's ballpark, but there have been a lot of good games thrown here, too. You just have to make good pitches."

Franklin (6-14) made few of those early, as the Rangers jumped to a 4-0 lead in the first two innings, when even the outs were hit hard. Texas scored a run in the first, and three runs on four hits in the second, courtesy of an Adrian Gonzalez RBI double, a Rod Barajas single, and a triple into the right-field corner by David Dellucci.
    Just get rid of him already

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Once again, the front office wants to keep a guy WAY too long. This upsets me so much about this franchise. Either bring back guys that were good to (i didnt say for) the organization (Borders, Hansen). or keep guys for no reason (Nelson, Speizio for a while, Pokey Reese)
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)