Thread: The Freddy Deal... Good or Bad?

Mariners Fan
    Rookie ERA

The Freddy Deal... Good or Bad?

The other day, I was listening to NY Vinnie on Q it Up Sports, and he said that he thought that our deadline deal last year involving Freddy Garcia was weighted to the White Sox side. We all remember the deal. The Chief for Reed, Morse and Olivo. So what do you guys think? Was it a good deal or a bad deal for the M's?

At the time I thought it was a great deal for the M's...I thought Olivo was going to be a beast...

Now I think otherwise. I think the White s0x got the better part of the deal, by far.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    Hard to say. Morse has been great this season, but that doesn't mean anything, because I don't think he'll be starting in '07. If Reed becomes a great CF in '06 and '07 and helps us to the playoffs, it could turn to our favor. Garcia is having a good season, but I don't think it will matter, becasue the White Sox will lose in the first or second round of the playoffs anyway.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I think it was good for both teams. As Expected (at least by me) for the short term its going to be the White Sox, although Freddy was on his way out the door anyways. In the Long Term the White Sox will miss Jeremy Reed.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)