• 1st

0 0%
  • 2nd

0 0%
  • 3rd

1 25.00%
  • 4th

3 75.00%

Thread: Where will the Mariners finish in 2011?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Where will the Mariners finish in 2011?

It's impossible to be more inept offensively than last season, right? Right? Seattle was unable to improve the lineup through free agency. Their notable acquisitions were Miguel Olivo (one of his best seasons.. at Coors), Brendan Ryan (OPS under .600), and Jack Cust (decent power numbers as a platoon guy but also had 127 strikeouts in 349 at bats). What that means is, there's a lot of Seattle fans depressed. It also means that the young guys will have to step up if they want to avoid another 61-101 season. That includes Michael Saunders, Justin Smoak, Matt Mangini, and possibly Dustin Ackley. From a pitching stand point, well, you have Hernandez and that's a pretty good start. Jason Vargas has proven he can be a solid starting pitcher, but he's never put back to back seasons together. Fister started out interesting, but tailed off. And Erik Bedard...we don't know. He's capable of being very good, but he's never healthy, so it's almost as if you get anything out of him, that's a victory in itself. Reigning closer David Aardsma will be out for a month or so to recover from a hip injury, leaving the early burden on Brandon League and several guys not many people know of, me included.

Some notable guys invited to the spring camp.. Manny Delcarmen, Denny Bautista, Chris Ray, and... Jamey Wright.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Where will the Mariners finish in 2011?

The Mariners have the worst offensive infield in all of baseball. Only Ackley can save that and it doesn't look like he will til at least May. Smoak is a damn good candidate for a AAAA player. Ichiro and Felix are once again the only attractions but Michael Pineda should turn some heads as the 5th starter. This team is going nowhere this year but Ackley and Pineda should showcase some of whats coming in the near future.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

This offense will be WORSE than last year. Felix could conceivably have a below .500 record and an lead the league in ERA and Strikeouts. Jack Wilson and Brendan Ryan is the M's current starting middle infield.

/weep
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

One day it'll be Jack Wilson and Josh Wilson. Holy epic Mets.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

The hitting is what is going to be the make or break for the Mariners season. I really love the starting pitching the Mariners have with Hernandez, Bedard, and the new kid Pineda. Brandon League has been really good for the bullpen as well.