Thread: Report Card for the 1st Half.....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Report Card for the 1st Half.....

By Positon

Catcher: Grade F-- Our best catchers are Wiki Gonzalez and Rene Rivera. Olivo and Borders have no business being on this team right now. Weve gotten virtually nothing from this spot from these 2 stiffs offensively. At least Borders can call a damn game.

1st Base: Grade B Minus-- Sexson can be better for average. Sure he leads the team in HRs and RBIs. but hes only hitting like .250. Its almost like we have Adam Dunn here, no knock on Dunn, but we need better for a 14 M per year guy

2nd Base: Grade D Minus-- Only cause they did the right thing and gave the job to Jose Lopez. Boone has lost his touch and he got DFA'd for it.

Shortstop: Grade B-- Mike Morse is a better player than we thought he was when he came here. But how does a guy that didnt play above AA and hit .241 in Tacoma, hit .330 in the Majors and plays solid D?

3rd Base: Grade C Minus- Beltre is supposed to be our best hitter and hes being outproduced by Brian Hawpe, Bill Hall.....you get the idea. Defensively he has laspes and hes a well known high quality defender.

Left Field: Grade B-- Randy Winn has had a solid season no denying that one, but is it time to let Snelling start here hes hitting everything right now.

Center Field: Grade C Plus-- I like what Reed has done defensively but offensively hes inconsisent, you expect this in his 1st full season in the Show.

Right Field: Grade B-- Ichiro is not up to his usual stats, You cant blame the guys behind him for hes had slumps this season. I expect more from Ichiro offensively and he has to carry this team when Beltre/Sexson struggle

Bench: Grade Incomplete-- Weve had so many people on this bench, Its tough to gauge how theyve done as a whole. In fact, do we have a constant bench player anymore. I would say Bloomquist but he like McLemore and Relaford have been for us right now.

Rotation: No Comment-- Ryan Franklin leads our team in ERA, and LOSSES. Gil Meche and Joel Pineiro walk cities of people in every other start. Sele has been solid considering he wasnt supposed to make the team and Moyer went thru rough patches. Collectively, they have sucked as a whole. No grade can help them

Bullpen: Grade B Plus-- This bunch has been great and is the only reason why we arent on the D-Rays/Rockies/Royals level of futility. Eddie G has been Automatic. Villone, Mateo, Putz have had solid seasons as well.

Manager: Grade B-- Hes done a good job handling the younger players. He needs to figure out a way to get to Joel and Gil. They lose focus and i know Grover can figure out what to do but these two SPs are an enigma.

Overall: Grade C Plus-- We should be better than what we are now. no other way around it. We need to go in a direction cause right now it seems like its a crossroads for this team. I dont want to see the losing teams like 77-94. It would depress me to no end.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    No other comments for this 1st half from any M's fans?!?!?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NAS...=.jsp&c_id=sea

"We know we have a much better team than we've shown," said veteran relief pitcher Jeff Nelson. "You look around this clubhouse and you see a lot of good players. We are a good team that hasn't played well, yet."

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    No other comments for this 1st half from any M's fans?!?!?
    I'd pretty much agree with all of those. May have rated SS a little harder due to the pre Morse era.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.