Thread: I kind of hate to say it

MLB ERA

I kind of hate to say it

But Willie B. has totally killed his chance for becoming the 3rd 'No Stick.' I never liked the guy, don't know how he stuck with the team, but somehow he is hitting almost .500 over the past week, with 5 doubles. He has absolutely been raking off the righties. But yeah, I figured I'd give some props to everyone's favorite whipping boy, even though I'm sure he will be back to normal soon.

Another side note that probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but apparently Mike Morse had hit his inevitable slump two weeks ago according to a lot of people (including myself). Turns out all he probably needed was a day or two off (that Bloomie gave him of course). He still has a .368 OBP in July, and he is hitting .357 over the past week. I figured once he hit his slump he would start to fade because it is hard to understand how he gets so many hits with his questionable bat speed, but he is still ripping singles like a guy who was hitting .253 in AAA has no business doing.

And once last quick side note, Nagz is officially back *****es and he is taking names racking up those three inning saves in Tacoma to the tune of 8 K's in 7.1 IP.

MLB ERA
    Wow, Willie has been amazing. Looks like it will be a fight between him and Morse for the starting spot in '06. And if both of them keep hitting like they are now, I won't mind if either makes it.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Willie is not going to be competing for a starting job in '06, this is a nice little streak he has going, but it will not last and he can't hit lefties anyway and his defense is below average. Morse could project to a different position, but either way, both might have to beat out Betancourt.

MLB ERA
    Wow, did I write that? I guess I got carried away there! I guess I ment to say if he continues to play this well, he could be starting, or at least playing a lot more next year.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Willies on a hot streak but damn where did i expect him to hit .271?!?!?!?
    I cant call him No Stick the III anymore
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Nageotte is back thats nice to know. When will we see him and Soriano.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Raffy is at Inland right now, he has 5 K's in 4 innings. It seems as if they're sort of reluctant to start giving them a lot of inning.

Nags could probably pitch in Seattle next week in terms of his injury, but until he pitches consistently in Tacoma for three weeks I doubt they bring him up just because he hasn't proven himself at the major league level enough for him to get a spot on the club. Raffy is probably going to be up by the very end of July, I cannot wait to see Raffy, Nags, and Sherill in the back of the pen.