Thread: Have the M's had the best offseason in MLB so far?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Mariners Have the M's had the best offseason in MLB so far?

The Marinires have bolstered their rotation adding Cliff Lee. Envisioning him and King Felix going one two is mind boggling. They also signed Chone Figgins. This guy can play virtually anywhere and will be another 1-2 punch for the Mariner fans as he teams up Ichiro to go 1-2 in the lineup.

Griffey is coming back which could please fans, seeing the king of Seattle playing one last round. And then you have the controversal risk of Milton Bradley. Sure, he will be a clubhouse cancer, but the potential is still staggering. If tamed, he could be a bigtime help for this Seattle lineup.

I emplore anyone to find a better offseason team than the Mariners right now.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Have the M's had the best offseason in MLB so far?

They have had the busiest offseason so far. But they still have glaring needs in the middle of the order. Bradley is a #5 hitter, just judging off his numbers.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The biggest winner of the offseason must be Brandon Morrow. He can come out of hiding now that the comparisons to Tim Lincecum are no longer at front of the minds of Mariners fans and media.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

No they still mention him here on Seattle radio. He's still key to solidify the rotation behind Felix-Lee and Roland-Smith.

Snell, French, Morrow and Fister are fighting for the final 2 spots.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I would say so. Especially when coupled with what the Angels have lost so far, the Mariners are looking pretty good. If Bradley returns to more Texas like form... then definitely.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Thats a great point mofo. Morrow will have less pressure on him, so he should be able to sit back and take on the task of maturing while winning.

And I agree with you Porter, they still need another big bat. I wonder if they are done though.

They've made a few nice additions, but they are still not complete.

Still need to get a power bat for 1B and split DH time with Griff/Bradley.

Is something going to get worked out with Branyan, or will they look elsewhere?

I'm really hoping they make a push for Overbay and somehow Jays get Trunfiel.

Also seems like they have one too many 1-2 hitters in Ichiro, Figgins, and Gutierez.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The Empire has done well, they didn't have to give up much for Granderson and Johnson. They upgraded the defense in the outfield while also landing a terrific character guy. And Johnson's OBP skills could be nuts in that lineup.

I'd say Seattle and NYY stole the show in the AL, so far, and Boston is still lurking if they can get a good bat.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

very nice game i like it..........
    susan prince