Thread: Seattle Mariners: A deal that keeps getting better

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Seattle Mariners: A deal that keeps getting better

Seattle Mariners: A deal that keeps getting better | Facebook

The blockbuster trade GM Jack Zduriencik participated in during the Winter Meetings last year in Las Vegas hit another high point today when the Topps Company named West Tennessee outfielder Ezequel Carrera to its Double-A All-Star team.

Carrera was one of seven players the Mariners received in a three-team, 12-player swap that also landed Seattle center fielder Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians and left fielder Endy Chavez, along with Carrera and first baseman Mike Carp, from the Mets.

Carrera, 22, of Guiria Sucre, Venezuela, led the Southern League with a .337 batting average and a .441 on-base percentage, becoming the first player in Diamond Jaxx history to win a league batting title.

He started the season on a tear, batting .357 in April and .344 clip in May before being sidelined with an ankle injury for the remainder of the month. Carrera returned to the lineup June 19 and shook off the rust quickly, batting .316 in 11 June games. On July 8, Carrera injured his right thumb and missed 18 games but returned on August 1 and batted .361 the remainder of the season.

-- Jim Street
    This deal has been really helpful for the Mariners but it still too early to tell on Carp and Carrera.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Seattle Mariners: A deal that keeps getting better

I, like a lot of other people, was way wrong about this trade. Quantity won out over quality in this case.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The way the team was. Quantity of players was needed. The cupboard was bare.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

And the mets decline their option on Puts.

Hey, a thread I didn't comment on! Awesome!
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.