Going into this season, I did think the M's were going to be a better team. Not on my wildest dreams did I think they would be 20 games better though. After giving it a couple of weeks to digest everything, these Mariners still remind me of the 07 team that was really good but had the perception of overachieving. Horrible offense than couldnt score runs led by Ichiro and a breakout guy (Guiterrez and Branyan to a degree). A DH spot that was better used if we just hit the pitcher (ok almost but Griffey did worse than I even expected). A strong bullpen like 06 with a breakout role at closer (Putz in 06, Aardsma in 09). They still didnt know what to do with Morrow in 06 and 09.

This offseason they have to address moving Jose Lopez to 1B and Branyan to DH. Give Tuiasosopo a flyer at 2B and see what he can do as a full timer. How are they going to use the OFs next season? Ichiro is a lock for RF. Franklin is dead set for CF, but LF has Saunders, a returning Chavez, Hall, Langerhans to name a few guys that could start there or see a ton of time. Is Beltre going to resign with Seattle I think we could use his toughness for a couple of seasons while we find a replacement through the system. The Rotation next year could be very intriguing. Felix is the unquestioned ace. Roland-Smith has earned a spot. Will they bring back Bedard for one year? Can we afford to cut Carlos Silva? I believe a rotation of Felix/Roland-Smith/Morrow/Snell/French could have some growing pains but eventually would turn out solid. Their Bullpen is on the right track wasn't too overworked like in 06 to think a letdown could happen.