Thread: Jack Wilson to Seattle

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Jack Wilson to Seattle

Per MLBTradeRumors.com:
    DH/catcher Jeff Clement was pulled from the Tacoma Rainiers' lineup in the third inning tonight, according to Ryan Divish of The News Tribune. His analysis:

I have it on pretty reliable source that it is not injury related. Clement has been rumored to be part of possible trades already this season and maybe he is part of a package deal. Or perhaps, he is being called up in place of another player for the Mariners, who might be getting dealt.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Jeff Clement part of a soon to be completed deal?

Still no word on what exactly the deal will be. Some rumors were with a 3 way deal invloving Kazmir to Seattle and Lee to Tampa Bay.

UPDATE: My source told me that Clement isn't sick either. So obviously something is going on. And if you recall, Clement was also given yesterday off. So there's something being discussed or in process of being finalize. How it involves Clement we aren't certain.

Obviously, we heard the talk of the three-way trade earlier this week, in which Clement and Brandon Morrow would go to the Indians, Cliff Lee and possibly Victor Martinez would go to the Rays and then Scott Kazmir and Reid Brignac would come to Seattle.

That deal seemed to be off the table, especially with the Red Sox and Phillies pushing to get Lee instead.

But remember many of the perceived deals that we thought Jack Z was going to make, end up being different than suspected.
    Mariners Insider | The News Tribune | Tacoma, WA

I hope that isnt the proposed deal.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Re: Jeff Clement part of a soon to be completed deal?

I just read that Clement is part of a deal in which the M's get Ian Snell and Jack Wilson from the Pirates. The Pirates get 3 pitchers (Brett Lorin, Aaron Pribanic and Nathan Adcock), Clement, and Ronny Cedeno.
    http://twitter.com/Dejan_Kovacevic/status/2912445065
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

MLB Jack Wilson to Seattle

Mariners pick up SP Ian Snell and SS Jack Wilson for catcher Jeff Clement. There's more to the deal, though.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Re: Jack Wilson to Seattle

Here is the deal: MLB trade deadline buzz: Wednesday's edition - FOX Sports on MSN
    Snell and Wilson to the M's for Clement, Ronny Cedeno, Brett Lorin, Aaron Pribanic and Nathan Adcock.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Wilson would be a huge damn upgrade over Cedeno. Loin Pribanic and Adcock needs lots and lots of development.

Witlon, do you know any more on how good Snell is for us to consider trading Clement?

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Snell has been in the bigs for a while and has a pretty good track record. He throws a fastball, change and at least one breaking ball. His record and ERA are not particularly good, but he could become a decent #3 or 4 starter for the M's.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Eh If they weren't so logjammed (**** you Johjima). I think they don't make this deal.

MLB ERA

Snell is like an Oliver Perez light. He's got great stuff, mediocre at best control, and is young enough that the M's probably think they can fix him. He can be either dominant or awful on a given day....something he hasn't been able to work through yet.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Snells ERA for the last two seasons has been 5.30 plus. His WHIP is 1.60 plus.
    Ted

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Snell's numbers since demotion have been off the charts. High K rate, ERA under 1...looks like he was turning it around.

However, there's always been something wrong about Ian as a starter. He projected as a middle reliever/setup man when he was a prospect, and about 20 major league teams viewed him as that earlier this season when he was made available.

I wouldn't call the deal a huge coup for either team.

Jack's defense will make everyone happy in Seattle, but his bat can frustrate the hell out of you at times. Don't know how much cash we threw in either...but he's rather expensive for a punch and judy SS with good D. I'll personally miss him, if only because he was our longest tenured player, and always a joy to watch at the ballpark.

Clement should end the Steve Pearce expirement right away at 1B, but they're saying LF is more likely. Cedeno should take over as the utility man, while Ramon Vazquez gets most of the ABs at SS. Haven't heard too much about the kids(didn't buy BBA this year), but replentishing the system with young arms always works for me.

I like the deal with Washington a bit better in terms of impact, but this is a strong deal for the Pirates.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

So basically Snell is another AAAA player.
    Ted