Thread: Locke wants no part of call-ups

AA ERA

Locke wants no part of call-ups

David wrote a great piece today and he also raved about Grover's leadership. I agree with him. Don't call players from Tacoma just for the sake of calling them up. They gotta deserve it. There is no point bringing them here unless they are ready. The only guy that should be called up is Felix and he should be up in September not now.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/baseba...3_locke15.html

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I dont agree with Locke on this one. Morse is hitting better than just about anyone right now. Rivera is up there only cause they cant find a catcher to replace Pat Borders. If hes going to say anything he should rip the front office for players we KEEP BRINGING BACK. Dave Hansen, Pat Borders, Jeff Nelson, etc. They should keep Morse as the starting SS, the dudes hitting .395 and hes capabable of hitting 20-30 HRs in a full season. Sure he isnt the greatest defensively but im TIRED OF OLD RETREADS. I generally agree with Locke but i cant do it this time. Rivera isnt from Tacoma hes from SAN ANTONIO.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

AA ERA
    Jose Lopez is here to stay. It's too bad Bret's tenure will end badly, but the Mariners gotta do what they have to do.

Mike Morse rocks. He has become a fan favorite and rightfully so. I think he stays for a long time. Morse has a great work ethic

Pat Borders hasn't been bad to be honest with you.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Hargrove said when Boone is back hes starting. Morse might get replaced by Reese when he comes back and Wiki will replace Rene Rivera. I dont know why they are winning with the young people WHY FIX something thats not Broken.

MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steak
    Jose Lopez is here to stay. It's too bad Bret's tenure will end badly, but the Mariners gotta do what they have to do.

Mike Morse rocks. He has become a fan favorite and rightfully so. I think he stays for a long time. Morse has a great work ethic

Pat Borders hasn't been bad to be honest with you.
    Borders is similar to the Mulholland for the Twins with his knowledge of the game. Pitchers have a 2.84 ERA with him behind the place. 4.56 when its anyone else. I like Rivera, but Wiki was hitting a hot bat too. What happense.

MLB ERA
    Borders should catch Pineiro, Meche, and Sele. I think Rivera should catch Franklin and Moyer. Borders sucks with the bat, he strikes out too much and doesn't make good contact, but he calls a great game so he should definetely catch Meche and Pineiro sinc they are so eratic. Rivera's bat is ML ready, he just needs to learn to take a few pitches every now and then and get a little better defensively.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Hargrove said when Boone is back hes starting. Morse might get replaced by Reese when he comes back and Wiki will replace Rene Rivera. I dont know why they are winning with the young people WHY FIX something thats not Broken.
    There is no way Pokey is replacing Mike Morse, who is a fan favorite, clubhouse favorite, and a manager favorite. I expect Pokey to be traded or not even play this year.

MLB ERA
    Why the f*ck is Bret Boone starting again? That is patheitc.