Thread: Is anyone here worried about Bedard:

Richmond, VA......finally a man with a home
    MLB ERA

Is anyone here worried about Bedard:

I only ask because I noticed that in every season he typically only walks around 57-67 batters. I was looking at his first 2 games and noticed that he walked 4 in both games. I thought that it could be as simple as him trying to get used to the mound in Seattle, but then realized that one of his games he pitched was in Tampa. I know it is early, but is anyone bothered by this start of a trend? Discuss...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Is anyone here worried about Bedard:

Ive had concerns about Bedard's lack of staying healthy since day one. Its still mid-april, but I still have doubts on how he does.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm with Porter here. I thought it was a risk to trade for him and don't think anyone could have expected 200 innings from Bedard. Bedard's hip is bothering him which could lead to messign with his mechanics.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah I agree with reefer and Porter. And hey, whaddya know? They placed Bedard on the DL today with inflammation in his left hip (retroactive to April 9). So it means that you'll now have a knuckleballer in his place I believe...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

R.A. Dickey was pretty dominant in Spring, and could be a better starter than Batista right now. Putz should be back soon to restore the mess that is our young bullpen. Maybe they need to work with Bedard's mechanics because last year it was his oblique, now its his hip.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)