Thread: Your 2005 Opening Day Seattle Mariners

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Your 2005 Opening Day Seattle Mariners

Starting Pitchers
    LH- Bobby Madritsch- Wild Card in the rotation. If he pitches like he did in his cup of coffee he should be the the most consisent SP we have.
    RH- Gil Meche- He can build on the 2nd half of 2004. He could emerge as the Ace of this staff. He HAS to stay healthy.
    RH- Jamie Moyer- At 42, he will be one of the oldest pitchers to pitch on opening day. Smarts and changing speeds at slow, slower and good god thats just wrong, He needs to rebound from 2004 to show he can still pitch
    RH- Aaron Sele- Its sad when you have to bring back a guy that was a HUGE reason why they lost that series to the Yanks in 2001. He did have solid spring but god help us all because....
    RH- Ryan Franklin- Theres going to be a lot of HRs allowed from this guy. NO ONE couldnt beat this long reliever out?

Relief Pitchers
    LH- Eddie Guardado- Hes no longer Everyday Eddie. Will be able to ever close for the whole year?
    RH- Shigetoshi Hasegawa- I still wish for 2001 from this guy but it will be closer to 2004.
    RH- Jeff Nelson- How many more times are we going to bring him back?
    RH- JJ Putz- Should be the closer going into this season by default
    RH- Juilo Mateo- Will he actually be consistent this season. The kids got some promise.
    LH- Matt Thornton- Theres going to be a LOT of walks issued. Please prove me wrong. What ever happened to George Sherill
    LH- Ron Villone- He probably can do it all. Start, Long Relief, Setup it just doesnt matter

Catchers
    Miguel Olivo - Has to prove he can playoffs and keep balls in front of him. Rocco Baldelli wont even run on him and he has a green light all the time.
    Dan Wilson- Ever get the feeling sometimes this guy is underrated. Will probably start 20-30 at least.

Infielders
    Adrian Beltre- If he has another .300-40-120 season, It would be the best offense production since Booney in 01.
    Willie Bloomquist- The only 2 spots he hasnt played is Pitcher and Catcher.
    Bret Boone- Has to snap out of that funk hes been having. More to Prove that 2001 wasnt a fluke. One of the Clubhouse leaders and pranksters.
    Greg Dobbs- If only Adrian Beltre wasnt there he would be at 3B, but had to be moved to 1B, oh wait.....
    Richie Sexson- plays 1B and was willing to play LF again if they ever went after Delgado. I expect a splid season from Sexson if he also STAYS healthy.
    Wilson Valdez- you ever get the feeling that this is like Luis Ugeto on the 2001 squad. You scratch your self and wonder why.

Outfielders
    Raul Ibanez- Has a tailor made bat for Safeco Field. But hes also not healthy either. Can he hold down the fort as a DH/LF?
    Jeremy Reed- Could be a ROY Candidate this season? Should Flourish with the protection he has.
    Ichiro- Can he hit .400? hes done just about everything else that has to do with contact. Must be the Japanese Ted Williams with less patience and a lot more speed.
    Randy Winn- At least he wont be in CF, hes probably better off in LF cause I really hated him in CF cause he didnt feel comfortable there.

Outlook- Lots and Lots of question marks, if they stay healthy, they can finish 2nd in the West but it will be a dogfight from all 4 teams. I want to compare this to a Rangers Squad cause of the offense but well See.

MLB ERA

Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Ichiro- Can he hit .400? hes done just about everything else that has to do with contact. Must be the Japanese Ted Williams with less patience and a lot more speed.
    Not quite, Ted was better. Ted got more XBH then Ichiro did, therefore SLG is significantly better.

Ichiro
    2004:.372/.414/.455
    Carrer:.384/.443/.339

Ted
    1953:.406/.553/.735
    Carrer:.344/.482/.634

Quote Originally Posted by Porter99
    Outlook- Lots and Lots of question marks, if they stay healthy, they can finish 2nd in the West but it will be a dogfight from all 4 teams. I want to compare this to a Rangers Squad cause of the offense but well See.
    Prediction: 2nd at best 4th at worst. I don't think this a playoff year for the Mariners, next year, if we get our pitching together, we should do well.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Rookie ERA
    The Mariners will come in 3rd under my predictions. THe Rangers just showed so much last season and they quired Richard Hidalgo as well, who did really well for the Mets this previous season! Angels will take the West, then Rangers, then mariners not far behind. I would not be surprised if those three teams all hae 93 wins or more!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    yeah but think the M's offense is potentally strong if they stay healthy. I think its a 3 team race for 2nd but if the Angels get problems its going to be a wild year.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Element
    Not quite, Ted was better. Ted got more XBH then Ichiro did, therefore SLG is significantly better.

Ichiro
    2004:.372/.414/.455
    Carrer:.384/.443/.339

Ted
    1953:.406/.553/.735
    Carrer:.344/.482/.634

Prediction: 2nd at best 4th at worst. I don't think this a playoff year for the Mariners, next year, if we get our pitching together, we should do well.
    I know he isnt Ted Williams litteraly, but contact wise I think he gets the job done similar to ted.