Thread: Ichiro To Sign?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Ichiro To Sign?

According to the Seattle Times, the Mariners and Ichiro Suzuki are on the verge of agreeing to an extension that will approach $100 million.
    Ken Rosenthal's $75 million-$90 million figure seems more realistic. Rosenthal and the Times both believe it will be a five-year extension. The Seattle Post-Intelligencer also says a deal is close and could be announced as soon as Thursday.
    Smart move. He generates so much money for this franchise and is the best leadoff man in the game. Stay in the hunt!

Turn 2

Re: Ichiro To Sign?

I think Seattle has to get to this done. He is the face of this franchise. He generates so much revenue for the club and to have him and King Felix in the mix you have a one -two punch for years to come. They need to get it done.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure that the M's and Ichiro will be able to work something out. Like y'all have already said, he's the face of this franchise. Plus I don't think he'd really fit in any other city. He seems to me to have more of a west coast bias...a laid-back, scrappy type player, and I don't think that those big-name east coast teams (or central or west teams) would be the right fit for him. I think he should stay in Seattle, hands down.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Talks in Seattle are optimistic at the moment. I think hes well worth the 20 M for this franchise. Considering all the money he generates from Japan and his unique value to the team in general.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA

Mariners have always been willing as far as i can see, the question is if ichiro accepts.
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Ichiro To Sign?

LOVE IT!!! CONGRATS M'S FANS!!!!

Turn 2

He is well worth it. He is the glue that keeps this team together and he generates so much revenue for this team.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The M's will make a formal announcement tomorrow. But the deal is offical as of today.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers Re: Ichiro To Sign?

that is awesome for the Mariners and their fans.