Thread: Mariners put struggling Weaver on 15-day DL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners put struggling Weaver on 15-day DL

Source

SEATTLE (AP) -- The Seattle Mariners placed struggling right-hander Jeff Weaver on the 15-day disabled list Friday, believing shoulder tendinitis may be at the root of his winless record and inflated ERA.

Seattle called up left-handed reliever Ryan Rowland-Smith from Triple-A Tacoma to take Weaver's roster spot.

Weaver has been a flop after signing a one-year, $8,325,000 contract to be the Mariners' No. 5 starter. He is 0-6 with a 14.32 ERA in six starts. In 22 innings, he has given up 50 hits and 35 earned runs.

"Something just hadn't been right the whole time, and we really thought, in talking to him and in internal discussions, it was just a matter of repetition and getting out there and pitching," Seattle manager Mike Hargrove said.

"We finally pressed him on the issue."
    The translation is: Weaver you suck so bad that you have 15 days to think it over. Really we knew he was going to be bad, but not this ****ing horrible. It will be interesting to see how Roland-Smith handles the show.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Mariners put struggling Weaver on 15-day DL

If there's been a worse player in major league baseball this season, I dare anybody to find them. And I will give you much rep.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.