Thread: Notes: Gonzalez lands on DL

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Notes: Gonzalez lands on DL

Full Story

SEATTLE -- The more he talked about his latest injury, the harder catcher Wiki Gonzalez had to work to keep his composure.

After battling various ailments the past four years, Gonzalez finally returned to the Major Leagues on May 6 and was making the most of the opportunity, contributing some key hits, calling good games and making good plays.

"I was enjoying the game again," he said.

The fun ended in the seventh inning Saturday night while he was running to first base at Safeco Field.

"I was halfway to first base and I felt a pain in the back of my leg," he said. "I knew it was something really bad."

So bad that the Mariners put Gonzalez on the 15-day disabled list prior to Sunday's series finale against the Red Sox and promoted Rene Rivera from Double-A San Antonio.
    Maybe the fact that Wiki Gonzalez started regularly before pulling the hammy. Lit a fire into Miguel Olivo as he got his 1st, 2nd and 3rd hits of the month. Including a homer to carry the M's. Why didnt the M's callup Ryan Christansen?
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    They probably have no confidence in Christansen behind the plate right now, Rivera at least gives us an above average catcher defensively. Either way, we are going to be seeing a lot of Olivo over the next few weeks, so hopefully he can build on yesterday's game.