Thread: Mariners may make pitch for Manny

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Mariners Mariners may make pitch for Manny

Source

One rumor hinted at a possible three-way deal with Boston and San Francisco. The Red Sox, who need a closer, are thought to be high on the Mariners' Rafael Soriano. The Giants, in that scenario, would land Sexson with Ramirez coming to Seattle. Soriano's move to Boston would complete the blockbuster.
    This would be a very interesting deal. Its a high risk, high reward type deal. Soriano is super talented but is also very injury prone. Manny is super talented but has the mood swings that Bobby Knight couldnt handle. Add this with the fact they made a supposed offer to Jason Schimdt (Washington Native). The M's might actually might make a good run in this FA Haul. If they can get Schimdt for 11-14 M (Padilla is rumored to get around 10-13 M from Texas). It could be a very strong season for the M's.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Brewers

wow. now that is a blockbuster!

AA ERA
    I believe Boston would command more than just Soriano but I have always been a fan of him. Im sure the Giants would be sending players to both the Red Sox and Mariners.
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett