Thread: Ichiro says NO!

MLB ERA

Mariners Ichiro says NO!

Make room for another keepsake in your "Many Wonders of Ichiro" file. Your friendly neighborhood right fielder was up to more wall-scaling, gravity-cheating mischief at Safeco Field last night.

In the top of the seventh inning of the Mariners' 5-0 loss to the Los Angeles Angels, Garret Anderson clubbed a certain homer to right field. It looked much too high and much too far to be caught. But Ichiro raced back, anyway. He leaped on the track, dug his cleat into the "s" of the Washington Mutual sign and executed a sort of jump-crawl that vaulted him up the wall and over the rail.
    Read the rest of the article

Yeah, he made a bad play on the ball, that is part of the reason it was such a great catch, but it was still sweet. Garret Anderson's quote is funny, he seems a little ticked off.

MLB ERA
    wow congrats on to Ichiro

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    "He just went up on the wall and made the catch," said Anderson, who did not initially believe it was a home run. "I mean, I've seen a lot of guys go up on the wall and make a catch. You might blow it out of proportion because he's a good defensive player.
    You wouldnt say this Garrett if this didnt happen to you. The fact that i get home from work and thats the 1st thing i see. I replayed it for like 10 min straight cause i didnt believe what i saw. The fact that he didnt even look like he saw the ball. That would unimpress me too. That catch was as good as Edmonds catch diving completely away from the mound a few years back.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Better than Giles climbing the wall in left against Cleveland 2 years ago? I think not.

Better than Berkman diving up the hill in Enron? Nope.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Wilt- I think it was better than both, Ichiro never saw the ball in his glove. He did a freakin 360 and blindly made the catch.
    2003 Hybrid World Champion (115-47 reg season, 11-4 playoffs)

TBL: Anaheim Angels 2006-present (238-244 regular season, 1 division title)
    MSL: St Louis Cardinals 2013-present (2734-2936 regular season, 5 division titles, 2 championships)
    TSSL: Seattle Mariners 2006-2029, Pittsburgh Pirates 2030-present (209-277, 5 division titles w/SEA, 1 championship w/SEA)

Anyone got a video?
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA
    http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...irosig6vx8.jpg
    http://strike3forums.com/images/Mari...riners-sig.jpg
    Mariners Artwork | Request a Sig
    Circular logic aside, Mr Mims, you have yet to provide a single credible reason why you are, in fact, hot.