Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The 2006 Season!

AAA ERA
    Last year it was all about Bonds can't play we have no chance. Wait till Barry come back! We will be good when Barry come back! This year Barry is back doing very little and they still win . They believe in themselves and that each of them can help out the cause. BIG DIFFERENCE!

GO GIANTS111

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Last year it was all about Bonds can't play we have no chance. Wait till Barry come back! We will be good when Barry come back! This year Barry is back doing very little and they still win . They believe in themselves and that each of them can help out the cause. BIG DIFFERENCE!

GO GIANTS111
    Makes a lot of sense. I think it's true. We had little to fall back on in previous years but it seems different so far. Just wait until Barry gets untracked. That will be awesome.

AAA ERA
    I hope he does but even if he does not these guys believe in themselves!
    With a Bonds at his best I believe they win the west in a walk! Without Bonds at his best I still believe they can win the west. The difference is how far they can go in the playoffs without him!

GO GIANTS!!!!

Maybe if we can get into the palyoffs Barry will have the series of his life as his swan song. That would be great.

AAA ERA
    We can only hope!!

GO GIANTS111

Just can't understand how or why tghis great player falls aparft in the playoff. the year we won 100 games and got bounced in the first round was a killer. To say nothing of blowing game 6 against the friggin' Angels and then laying down in game 7. Gawd...well guess we can't blame that completely on Bonds but still it's so frustrating. Like never winning a WS since the Giants arrived in SF. That truly sucks.

AAA ERA
    Man Bonds had a GREAT World Series against the Angeles. He got the Monkey off his back in that series. It was D. Baker that cost us the whole thing with the way he handled the pitching. Thats why I carried his bags to the airport for him to go to the Cubs. What a bad job of manageing in the WS.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This year the Giants know they have the bench and experience to do what they want and that's win. Last year was more troubling in that aspect. Bonds being in the lineup is huge for so many reasons. He takes pitchers out of their game with the walks and then you have a automatic baserunner. In five games Bonds has scored four times.

As far as Bonds playoff struggles, 2002 World Series is all I have to say. Bonds got nothing to hit in the 2003 series against the Marlins.

AAA ERA
    This is part of my point! He does not have to be great to help. Just being there he adds so much, but also they believe they can win with or without him. True its better with!

GO GIANTS!!!

Man Bonds had a GREAT World Series against the Angeles. He got the Monkey off his back in that series. It was D. Baker that cost us the whole thing with the way he handled the pitching. Thats why I carried his bags to the airport for him to go to the Cubs. What a bad job of manageing in the WS.
    Yep. I think Dusty was reading his press clippings way too often that seaon and he absolutely blew it in the sixth game. Still just infuriates me no end that we blew a 5-0 lead in the sixth game of the WS with the title there for the taking. Absolutely unacceptable.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Two things I blame Dusty for is bringing in Felix in that game 6 and starting Livan over Rueter in game 7. Those two things I think cost us the series.

AAA ERA
    Don't remind me, I will start to drink and & I will loose sleep!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Two things I blame Dusty for is bringing in Felix in that game 6 and starting Livan over Rueter in game 7. Those two things I think cost us the series.
    I think that pretty much sums up the mistakes. You can't make those kinds of errors when you're playing for all the marbels.

Don't remind me, I will start to drink and & I will loose sleep!
    I doubt it.

But reliving that game always raises my blood pressure.

AAA ERA
    reefer.. Thats three times now. Soon I will just let you write my posts!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast