Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lefty Lowry locked up with 4-year contract.

AAA ERA

Lefty Lowry locked up with 4-year contract.

As reproted in the San Francisco Chronicle this morning, Noah Lowery sign a 4 year guaranteed 9 million contract, which includes a option for 2010 that, if exercised, would take Lowry through his final year of arbitration eligibility and raise the contract's value to $17 million. If Lowery continues to pitch the way he has this could be a real deal for the Giants. If the Giants are to continue to be a factor in the NL west, after Bonds retires, pitching will be the reason. To me the Giants are headed in the right direction.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    good move IMHO...a nice, young lefty is always a good thing indeed

AA ERA
    Definately a smart move by the Giants
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34
    Definately a smart move by the Giants
    Thanks. It was my idea!

AA ERA
    Negiotiate the contract as well?
    "They asked me if I wanted the ball in Game 6, and I said yes. I'll always say yes. That's what I did with Jack McKeon. I told him, 'Let me see how I feel tomorrow.' I went out, did a long toss, came in and said, 'I'll pitch, I want it, I want to do it.' And it ended up working out." -Josh Beckett

AAA ERA
    Now they need to take care of Schmidt!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    This a great move by Sabean. Lowry could put up Rueter type numbers plus we got Cain and Morris for seasons to come.

Schmidt will have to prove something this year. I honestly don't see Schmidt in a Giants uniform unless he takes a huge hometwon discount. He is making $10 million this year. Cain can and will take over as ace in seasons to come. Zito is on the market and I rather pay the big bucks for a guy who is six years younger and coming into his prime.

AAA ERA
    I agree that Zito would be a great addition, but his asking price will put him out of reach. Schmidt, I think wants to stay here, and would take a lot less to stay. If you don't make the effort he will go elsewhere. I do not want to take the risk.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    With Schmidt, Durham and a lot of Bonds money off the books the Giants will have plenty of cash to throw at Zito. Right across the bay and the Giants will be more willing to throw cash at a long term deal with Zito. Schmidt is too injury prone and at this point in his career, he wants a 4-5 year deal. I couldn't give it to him. He has to really impress and stay healthy.

AAA ERA
    I just don't like giving up on a guy like Schmidt. I would much rather keep Schmidt and than go after Zito. When Bonds goes off the books they will have enough money for both.

MLB ERA
    I really hope that Lowry is much better than Kirk Rueter ever was.

AAA ERA
    Saber...Talent wise you can count on it. Heart wise is the question unanswered.

MLB ERA
    good stuff, thats part of there future

when i went to my 1st giants game in 04, it was against the astros, lowry was pitching, man he pitched a gem, complete game 1 run allowed, bonds hit a triple his 1st ab n then he was int bb 4 times

AAA ERA
    Look for Lowry to have a big day Wednesday. I think this kid will be a big game pitcher!!

Jesse Jackson?

Oh God...Jesse Jackson is now defending Barry Bonds against the San Deigo fans...Jesse Jackson is a piece of shit. WTF? Why is this clown sticking his nose into this thing?...good God.

Story

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast