Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: All Time San Francisco Giants Team

OK, the more I think about it, Vizquel is the best SS in San Francisco Giants history.

The Bear was right.

AAA ERA
    To be sure. Kid...you are learning!!!

All I can say is "give a monkey a typewriter and he'll spell a word" ...well done Bear...you were absolutely right on this one.

AAA ERA

AA ERA
    C-Kirt Manwaring
    1B-Willie McCovey
    2B-Robby Thompson.........do you know how many Gold Gloves was stolen away from him b/c of Sandberg
    3B-Matt Williams
    SS-Omar Vizquel
    LF-Barry Bonds
    CF-Willie Mays
    RF-Chilli Davis
    RHP-Juan Marichal
    LHP-McCormick
    RP-The Fireman

AAA ERA
    Well Giants666.. We are back to where I can disagree with you. Just for starters, and I love Robby Thompson, how can you not have Jeff Kent at 2b. This guy may be a first ballot Hall of Famer, and you pick Robby Thompson. Give me a break. Thompson could not carry Kents jock on the field. Man, you lost me there.

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Well Giants666.. We are back to where I can disagree with you. Just for starters, and I love Robby Thompson, how can you not have Jeff Kent at 2b. This guy may be a first ballot Hall of Famer, and you pick Robby Thompson. Give me a break. Thompson could not carry Kents jock on the field. Man, you lost me there.
    Man I love Jeff Kent too, but he's playing for the devil right now.......but man I just loved what Robby Thompson was all about..........I mean I know he didn't have the offensive numbers Kent did(2000 MVP), and I went with defense on this pick..........Thompson only got 1 gold glove in 93..........but he should've gotten more but Sandberg and the windy city media machine got the gold gloves............half of those gold gloves sandberg got, should be Thompson's.............I mean ****ing Sandberg got 9 strait gold gloves 1983-91.

Thompson over Kent? Nah.

Even though Kent is playing for those BUMS in L.A. that really has nothing to do with the selection of the best second baseman to ever wear a San Francisco Giants uni.

JMO.

AA ERA
    Allright..................just my opinion..................it seems to me i'm the only Thompson backer...............it's fine, can't go wrong with Kent

AAA ERA
    666 It is nice to have a guy around here who can see reason. Good call!!

I like Thompson very much it just so happens there was a better player who had a great career in SF that played Robbie's positon.

It's all good...

AA ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Kid
    it just so happens there was a better player who had a great career in SF
    Better Offensivly...........not Defensivly.............but like you said it's all good

AAA ERA
    Thompson was a great Giant but he was no Jeff Kent. Kent will go to the Hall of Fame and will go down as the best 2b in baseball history. His defense is also very very good and is overshadowed by his hitting. So as much as I like Thompson, Kent is the real deal and will be for a long time.

I'd have to agree that Kent's defense was better than average. And yes what he did with his glove was most always overshadowed by his superb hitting. That's was what got the headlines.

AAA ERA
    And it will be some time before any 2B put up the numbers equal to Kent's!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast