Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: All Time San Francisco Giants Team

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Also I just realized that the thread said SAN FRANCISCO Giants and I will be penalized for some of my picks.
    You're officially kicked out of the debate!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    When I chose Mike Matheny as my catcher it was for more than one reason. First the Giants have not had a great hitter in that position since they moved from NY. Second he is one of the beat handlers of pitchers in the game, and this is a position that is not just about how well you hit. JMO
    You don't remember Haller "handling" the pitchers pretty well? Senior moment, Bear? We were sitting next to one another I think. Hehehehe.

BTW, Bear, nice pick on the LHP -- Mike McCormick was one I forgot about completely. However, Rueter (you should know this) is the all time winning LHP in SF Gaints history!

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Where's the love for A.J. Pierzynski?
    He played, what, one year for the Giants?

That's be like putting Franco Harris on the all time Seahag team!

AAA ERA
    Kid...Good choice! My memory of Haller was he was a journeyman catcher. Solid, but not great . He would be my second choice. He did have good power toward the end of his S.F. days.

AAA ERA
    Kid...Who is the only S.F. Giant to win the Cy Young award? Could that be Mike McCormick! And about A.J. Pierzynski when he kicked the head trainer in the balls, and would not work with certain pitchers on the team that was enough for me, and the Giants.

Kid...Who is the only S.F. Giant to win the Cy Young award? Could that be Mike McCormick!
    Yep...it was a great choice! No doubt.

...when he kicked the head trainer in the balls...

AAA ERA
    Kid.. I knew that would get your attention!! That hurts.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I went with the franchise greats and not just SF greats. I'm the mod here and I will do what I please

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    I went with the franchise greats and not just SF greats. I'm the mod here and I will do what I please
    Well there is going to be an investigation into your "mod" activities. We have to do this in order to keep the integrity of the forum in good standing.

AAA ERA
    Man, if you think it was ugly with Willie Mc in the outfield just remember Orlando out there. Orlando in the outfield at the Stick was not beautiful either!

Man, if you think it was ugly with Willie Mc in the outfield just remember Orlando out there. Orlando in the outfield at the Stick was not beautiful either!
    I know...watching those balls sail over the Baby Bull's head was hurtful. But he made up for it with his bat. I used to feel bad for poor Willie when he had to play LF --- he had such bad knees it was painful to watch.

Ah the memories!

AAA ERA
    The time will come for all of us that MEMORIES will be all that we have!

No love for Jose?

Somebody better explain to me why Jose Pagan wasn't the best SS to play for the Giants. He was pretty damn good for a little pip squeak. Granted there hasn't been much to chose from...Johhnie LeMaster, Hal Lanier...

Jose can you see?

AAA ERA
    The BEST S.F. Giant ss of all time is OMAR VIZQUEL. It is not even close. IMO

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast