Thread: Bonds Away!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bonds Away!

Barry Bonds arrived in camp today and the piss poor journalism has started and will continue throughout Bonds' pursuit of 715. Pedro Gomez is in Scottsdale and has already got the real tough questions out of the way like "Will pain influence your decision on your retirement?" Well of course it is you huge dumbass! I really feel sorry for this guy as ESPN has made him Bonds' ***** over the past two seasons. Pedro has a past in SF but no reason to make Pedro the guy. I predict more speculation that Bonds won't let the executive heads know how he is doing and that Bonds picks fights. Well that last one was true but for a good reason. It is just bad sports journalism and it keeps getting worse. The whole T.O. mess was when I knew it will never ever change. The guy was out of work for weeks and yet they were still showing soundbites and talking about this baby. When there is no news to report, don't report just anything! Bonds' son wearing a Barry Sanders jersey is not news. T.O. working out in his front yard is not news. The mess that they are trying to put Jimmie Johnson in was news for a day but they have dragged it on and on and are still talking about it. The fact that the officials goofed a couple of times in the Super Bowl is not news for two weeks. I hate to say it but ESPN seems to be dumbing down sports journalism just like MTV is helping dumbing down America. Please save us someone!

Sorry I have no news on Bonds' current condition because for some reason, reporters aren't reporting about silly things that people actually want to know. He seemed to be in good spirits joking with long time friend Moises ALou.

Giants Bonds to retire?

I have a hard time believing that Barry is going to retire if he's within ear shot of Arron's record.

What do you guys think?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think Bonds knows more than anyone that no one besides Giants fans are going to celebrate him passing Aaron, which is terrible. If Bonds gets a ring and becomes number two, no doubt he retires. If the Giants get far into the playoffs but no ring, he might have to come back to get what he has always really wanted, the ring.

MLB ERA
    Like I said, hate him all you want, he's second only to Babe Ruth in left field.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ruth played right field, brother.

Giants Long Live the Bonds Era!!!!!

First, let me say that I love Barry Bonds. One of the top three players of all time IMO. Willie Mays might be in there too! I grew up watching Willie in San Francisco and I'll never forget the "Say Hey Kid"...

Anyway, I was reading an article in the newspaper today where Barry has kinda softened his stance a little. He said he may not make a decision about next year until this winter. So that holds out hope that if he's close to Arron he might/probably come back.

Further, you can bet that if Bonds is on the verge of breaking the record the Giants will do everyting possible to be sure it's broken at home in front of the San Francisco fans. I can only hope for that!

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Ruth played right field, brother.
    1131 games in right field.

1057 games in left field.

My brother is a dumbass.

New York Yankee Hater!!!! mntwinsfan's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Saber
    1131 games in right field.

1057 games in left field.

My brother is a dumbass.

Seems to me he pitched as well. Anyways Ruth to me is one of the best hitters of all time besides Ty Cobb! The Georgia Peach was a nasty sob but he was one of the very best.

anyways that is my two cents. Bonds if close at years end will be back to break the Arron record! No doubt about it. Bonds just needs to shut the hell up and get ready for the season.
    KBSL - Atlanta Hawks
    Arizona gm - MSL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I will take Bonds' 2489 games in left everyday of the week. Ruth was a better overall player because he could do it all, but I can't even come close to agreeing that Ruth was a better fielder.

AAA ERA
    "It seems to me like we need to take it seriously." --GWB
    One-Time TBL Champ
    Baltimore Orioles (2018)

Three-Time S3SL Champ
    Pittsburgh Pirates Detroit Tigers St. Louis Cardinals

2012 B/S Keeper League Champ - Boston Terror

Giants The Daily Bons Watch!

For all you Bonds lovers...read the Daily Bonds watch!