Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Spring Training News

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyKash
    I was just checking out that post ... and I noticed that Jason Schmidt went 7 innings, so I was like "wtf?" and it turns out that it only took him 40 pitches to go those 7 innings. Is this possible? Because that's ridiculous.

RIDICULOUS.

The guy has been flat out pitching.

Dude, last year playing in an amateur league I got through the last 3 innings of a CG shutout on 10 pitches. It went something like ground out, lineout, groundout for 1 inning (3 pitches). hit, double play, pop out the next inning(3 pitches). fly out, hit, double play the last inning (4 pitches).

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    If only you were in Major League Baseball, I'd draft you in my fantasy league RIGHT AWAY.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Unfortunately, I had been pitching with a partially torn rotator cuff and a superior labral tear in my left shoulder. I need surgery and won't be able to play. I'm not joking either...

AAA ERA
    Felipe Alou has all but declared right-hander Jamey Wright the 5th starter. It looks like Kevin Correia will be used as a long reliever. This leaves the question what will they do with Brad Hennessey? It is a pipe dream, but maybe trade him to the Pirates for Craig Wilson. This guy is a player, and they can use a pitcher. Just a thought!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    It is not starting pitching that makes me uneasy it is the bullpen!
    I am not worried about the bullpen at all. We will have a much better one than last year due to the fact we will have a closer in Benitez. Fassero, Kline and Taschner are the lefties and Taschner is the guy to look at. He really impressed the hell out of me last year. Worrell, Correia, Walker, and Munter will be our righties and I expect Worrell to pick up where he left off last year. He really tore it up in the second half. Munter has been great this spring and Walker will probably pitch less this year as he was rode hard last season. Again only the Dodgers have a better bullpen in this division IMO. The Pads got worse in the dept. whileas the Dodgers went out and got Carter and Baez to help setup Gagne.

As for getting Craig Wilson, why? We don't need him or his $3.3 million salary. I don't where Hennessey fits in the future plans but maybe trade him for mid level spects.

Bonds was sratched from the lineup as he has strained his elbow. Conte says its not serious so no worries for me.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    As for getting Craig Wilson, why? We don't need him or his $3.3 million salary.
    Chump change.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Bonds was sratched from the lineup as he has strained his elbow. Conte says its not serious so no worries for me.
    Christ Almighty...what next? Dude MUST stay healthy. Start the season already before he trips on the bag at first base....

AAA ERA
    The Giants won today 19 to 7 over the White Sox

Jason Ellison hit a grand slam, Lance Niekro hit a three-run homer and Pedro Feliz hit a solo shot. Randy Winn, Omar Vizquel and Mark Sweeney each had two hits and Dan Ortmeier hit a three-run double.

Right-hander Matt Morris allowed six runs -- four earned -- on eight hits in six innings. He walked two and struck out two.

It looks to me that Jason Ellison is winning the battle for the 5th OF spot. This spring he is hitting .447 with an OBP of .544. This put together with T. Linden having an option left it looks good for Ellison.

Spring Training is getting old. Lets Play for Real!!

PLAY BALL

MLB ERA
    i like how the trade for winn has played out

but they also signed finley, so is out OF going to be bonds, winn and alou i assume? and finley's going to be our 4th OF then?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    You got it Giantsfan83! Alou has said that when Bonds or Alou need a day off that Finley will play CF and Winn will move to the corner spots.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Update on Bonds' condition:
    Barry Bonds was diagnosed with inflammation in his left elbow following an MRI taken late Saturday.
    Good news. "It feels much better today," Bonds told MLB.com on Sunday. "Maybe there's a few bone chips in it. That's my guess, but I don't know. I can play through that. No problem. I only need one arm to swing the bat anyway." Trainer Stan Conte said Bonds should be available for all baseball activities on Monday. He might rejoin the starting lineup on Thursday.
    Looks like Bonds will be there for Opening Day against his favorite team, the Friars!

AAA ERA
    Giants drop one today to the Padres 6-5.

Lance Niekro hit a 425-foot double off the center-field wall and homered about the same distance to left, driving in four runs to give him 18 RBIs for the spring. The homer was his third. Kevin Frandsen doubled twice, scored twice and stole a base, continuing to impress at second base. Pedro Feliz launched his second homer of the spring, going back-to-back with Niekro in the fifth.

Lowry struck out five, giving up two hits and a walk, in his best showing of the spring. Scott Munter retired four of the five hitters he faced, but Taschner (two homers, a double, four runs) was roughed up in one-third of an inning. No question Lowry and Munter are ready, but Taschner, who I think has a world of promise, my start the year in Fresno.

Also look for Kevin Frandsen to be the Giants 2B in 2007. This kid can flat out play!

Lets get it on for real. PLAY BALL!!

AAA ERA
    THE GIANTS SUFFER 15-6 LOSS TO THE ROYALS

Steve Finley singled in two runs in the first inning, while Randy Winn went 3-for-4 with a double, two singles and an RBI. Lance Niekro singled, doubled.

Rookie Matt Cain yielded five runs over 5 1/3 frames, reliever Jack Taschner ended a rally with two strikeouts, but closer Armando Benitez gave up 10 runs (nine earned) in the seventh and eighth frames. This is the reason I question the bullpen. I am so unsure of Benitez.

These games are getting to be a pain!

LETS PLAY FOR REAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    These games are getting to be a pain!

LETS PLAY FOR REAL!
    A-friggin'-men. MLB beats the death out of preseaon and it's old. Then just think, in a couple of weeks we'll be playing the first of 162.

Do you guys think the baseball season is too long? I know it's a moot point but it's difficult to keep focused for 162 games, playoffs and the WS.

AAA ERA
    YES THE SEASON IS TO LONG but if you shorten it to much then you would have problems with the Stat people for season long records. Also, with the money it takes to keep these guys happy you need to make money. So if you shorten the season people will be paying $100 for bleacher seats.

I would like to see a 120 game season. It will NEVER happen, and I am the man who said Never Say Never!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Hell no the season is not too long. What the hell is the matter with you people?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast