Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Training News

I'm ready for the real bullets start flying. Spring Traiing is already borning me. I have hope for a Division title so let's get it on!

Thanks for the update love_that_reefer.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Jamey Wright threw four innings versus the Royals on Sunday giving up two unearned runs. He has been outpitching Correia and Hennessey easily this spring.

Jason Schmidt gave up just one run and three hits in five innings against the M's Saturday. I am hearing conflicting reports on the velocity of his pitches now so not to sure how he is doing in that dept. but he's not giving up runs and pitching smart.

Armando Benitez threw a side-session on Saturday and appears to be pain-free.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    You guys know why Matt Cain hasn't pitched since March 12? The Giants website has Noah Lowry pitching against the A's today, and Lowry last pitched on March 17. What the heck is going on?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Matt Cain and Jamey Wright have both thrown nine innings each. Schmidt only has two more innings pitched and Hennessey three. Morris leads the team in innings pitched with fifteen. Cain is not injured and not behind. Maybe just saving his arm since its his rookie year.

This should ease your brain.
    Rookie Matt Cain (1-0, 3.00 ERA) makes his fourth start of the spring in a 6:05 p.m. duel Wednesday in Scottsdale against the Angels.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff. I'm excited to see how he performs tonight.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Cain got knocked around today. Gave up a 5-spot in the 2nd inning including a HR to Casey Kotchman, and a HR in the 5th inning to Vladimir Guerrero.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Hennessey is likely out of the running now for the fifth spot in the rotation after giving up four earned runs in 4 1/3. His spring ERA is now 7.02. Jamey Wright or Kevin Correia could be our fifth guy. Correia has retired the last 19 batters over the past two outings, tossing 8 1/3 scoreless innings in three games and limiting opponents to a .074 average.

I haven't heard a damn thing about newcomer Steve Kline so here is an update. He has only thrown 5.1 innings this spring in six games and has an ERA of 3.38. Kline also has three strikeouts and one walk.

Scott Munter continues to tear shit up. The tall sinkerballer has an ERA of 1.42 in six games. He has only given up one run this spring. Looks like he recovered from elbow surgery and should be a force in the Giants pen.

Here's something from Ken Rosenthal:
    Teams scouring for left-handed bullpen help are monitoring the Giants, whose roster includes three lefty relievers — Jeff Fassero, Steve Kline and Jack Taschner. The Braves, White Sox and A's are among the contenders that could stand to upgrade their left-handed relief corps. The Giants are shopping one of their right-handed relievers, Tyler Walker. ...
    This better not happen, especially Taschner.

I'm still a little leary of our starting pitching. Hmmmm...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    We have a starting four that can beat any contender in the NL West. The Dodgers are the only ones that have a better complete rotation. The Pads and Dbacks have weaker rotations and the Rockies have well you know....problems pitching. Lowe, Penny, Perez, Tomko and Seo are going to be tough. Tomko was a lot better than his 8-15 record last year for us. He just didn't get any run support the first three months of the season.

AAA ERA
    It is not starting pitching that makes me uneasy it is the bullpen! If I made the choice now of who starts it would be:

1. Schmidt
    2. Morris
    3. Lowry
    4. Cain
    5. Wright

I would use Correia in the pen for the set position and see what Hennessey
    could bring in trade. I question his use to this team.

AAA ERA

Giants Won Today!!

Giants beat Colorado today 6-4! Schmidt piched well, and his line was:
    Schmidt (W, 3-0) 7.0 5 2 1 2 4 0 2.00

Hitting :
    Alou was 1 for 3 with his first HR.
    Bonds was 1 for 3 and Sweeney was 2 for 3.

Good spring game. I think the Giants are ready for the real deal.
    GO GIANTS

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Hey Bear, I know you've been here for a little while, but welcome to the forums

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Giants beat Colorado today 6-4! Schmidt piched well, and his line was:
    Schmidt (W, 3-0) 7.0 5 2 1 2 4 0 2.00

Hitting :
    Alou was 1 for 3 with his first HR.
    Bonds was 1 for 3 and Sweeney was 2 for 3.

Good spring game. I think the Giants are ready for the real deal.
    GO GIANTS
    Thanks for the recap man.

The Gaints are ready for the real deal? Bottom line is I am ready for the real deal!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I was just checking out that post ... and I noticed that Jason Schmidt went 7 innings, so I was like "wtf?" and it turns out that it only took him 40 pitches to go those 7 innings. Is this possible? Because that's ridiculous.

RIDICULOUS.

The guy has been flat out pitching.

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    and welcome to the forums SF Kid, too! I know you were here before Bear, but welcome! Looks like Reefer is going to have some Giants fans to talk to this season

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast