2. Vizquel SS
    3. Durham 2b
    4. Bonds LF
    5. Alou RF
    6. Feliz 3B
    7. Niekro 1B
    8. Matheny C
    9. Schmidt P

The Bench is where they made the best moves getting Finley as the fourth outfielder and Vizcaino to back up in the infield. The bullpen looks super deep. If the can stay healthy they will win the west in a walk. But only if they stay healthy!

The Bear now goes back into his den!:

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    This is very simple from where I stand.

1. Winn CF
    2. Vizquel SS
    3. Durham 2b
    4. Bonds LF
    5. Alou RF
    6. Feliz 3B
    7. Niekro 1B
    8. Matheny C
    9. Schmidt P

The Bench is where they made the best moves getting Finley as the fourth outfielder and Vizcaino to back up in the infield. The bullpen looks super deep. If the can stay healthy they will win the west in a walk. But only if they stay healthy!

The Bear now goes back into his den!:
    Excellent. Thanks for that.

Actaully I think the Giants have a good shot at winning the division (playoffs, baby) but yes the big thing here is that they need to avoid major injuries.

And, what about the pitching? Can I have a prediction of the starting rotation?

AAA ERA

Giants

Kid... Thats easy:

1. Schmidt
    2. Morris
    3. Lowery
    4. Cain
    5. Wright

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I think the verdict is still out on who will be the fifth starter. Wright has only pitched two innings this spring and Hennessey hasn't pitched well at all. The first week of the season will probably go with no fifth starter at all so they will take their time on choosing who.

AAA ERA

Giants

love_that_reefer... You may be right but they did not sign Wright to sit on the bench and Hennessey has options left. We will see but you are right that it is early and they don't need a fifth starter early on.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Wright is signed to a Minor League contract so he can start in AAA if they want him to. Hennessey is a streaky pitcher and Wright has the experience but Alou likes Hennessey. Hennessey has to work on throwing strikes and not walking people. If he can't do this, he has no future what so ever.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds went 3-3 with a homer, two singles and a sac bunt! Yes, a sac bunt!! Morris threw five innings and gave up two runs. Wright threw three scoreless innings which helped his cause to make the rotation as he now has five scoreless under his belt. Taschner struck out the side in the ninth. Niekro is tearing it up this spring sporting a .462 average and 10 RBI.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Bonds went 3-3 with a homer, two singles and a sac bunt!
    What do you expect?...after all he's on the juice.

Seriously that is great news. The man, I think, is going to be on a mission this seaon to prove everybody wrong. I wish the media would leave him alone and just let him play baseball.

What say you love_that_reefer?
    Last edited by SF Kid; 03-14-2006 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Go Barry GO!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The media has been on Bonds' ass since 2003 and has progressed each year and each year Bonds got better. I find so hilarious that people keep doubting him based on "the media getting to him." Do these journalist even watch Giants games? Last year, all I heard was that Bonds wasn't coming back due to him not being able to hit "off the juice"(even though they tested in 2004), the media getting to him and that he didn't want to raise suspicion by passing Ruth. All of course were bullshit because Bonds could care less about that shit. Bonds is all about baseball and winning a ring when he is between those white lines. Jounralist need to get their heads out of their asses and stop thinking that they are getting inside his head and its a pretty big head.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    The media has been on Bonds' ass since 2003 and has progressed each year and each year Bonds got better. I find so hilarious that people keep doubting him based on "the media getting to him." Do these journalist even watch Giants games? Last year, all I heard was that Bonds wasn't coming back due to him not being able to hit "off the juice"(even though they tested in 2004), the media getting to him and that he didn't want to raise suspicion by passing Ruth. All of course were bullshit because Bonds could care less about that shit. Bonds is all about baseball and winning a ring when he is between those white lines. Jounralist need to get their heads out of their asses and stop thinking that they are getting inside his head and its a pretty big head.
    There it is! Nice take bro.

Giants Giants Win, Giants Win!!!!

The Giants won today 10-6. Brad Hennessey had an OK outing giving up two runs in 3 2/3 innings. He pitched out of a couple of jams early.

Steve Finley got things started off right in the first with a 3 run dinger and Barry Bonds added a three run homer in the third to go along with his first inning double.

So far this Spring Bonds is 7-9 with three HR's and 6 RBI. Not bad for an old guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Kid... Thats easy:

1. Schmidt
    2. Morris
    3. Lowery
    4. Cain
    5. Wright
    What's your take on Schmidt. Is he completely healthy and ready to rock'n roll?

AAA ERA

Giants

Kid... Schmidt will be fine.He appears strong this spring and has good results. The real battle is for the #5 spot between Hennessey and Wright.
    I still think Wright will get the spot but Hennessey is not giving up without a fight. We will soon see!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Schmidt is getting closer and closer to his 94-95mph fastball which is great news. Only thing I am wooried about is his groin injuries. He worked his legs a lot over the offseason so we shall see if it pays off or not.

Benitez had a cortizone shot in his knee because of an inflammed bursa sac. Benitez is a huge key to this team's success. We didn't have him last year which would have propelled us into the playoffs due to all the other injuries to other teams. Walker was a disaster last year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Correia threw four innings giving up just one hit, no walks and struck out two. This probably won't win him the fifth spot but he had to of opened some eyes with this performance. I personally don't want him starting the year in the rotation.

Vizquel is back with the team returning from WBC action.

Niekro is hitting .433 this spring and Finley is hitting .444.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast