http://insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3275336

SAN FRANCISCO — During his four decades in baseball, Tony Siegle has worked for eight organizations and 23 general managers — including the Giants' Brian Sabean.
Siegle might be a candidate to return to the Giants, filling the assistant GM post vacated by Ned Colletti.

A report out of Washington indicated Siegle, the Nationals' assistant GM, could be on his way to San Francisco. But a Nationals spokesperson said the Giants have not request permission to talk to him.

Siegle said he hadn't heard from the Giants, though he would be thrilled if Sabean considered him.

"It would be very, very flattering," Siegle said. "I think Brian Sabean is one of the premier GMs in the game, and I'd love to work with him. Brian and I go way back. There's nothing to talk about yet, but if that opportunity came up, it would be like walking right into a family."

Siegle was the Giants' farm director and vice president of baseball administration from 1990-94, and he recommended Colletti for his post when he left to take a position with the Rockies. Before joining the Expos/Nationals in 2002, Siegle worked as a special assistant to Sabean.