Thread: Giants to trade Feliz and sign Mueller?

RIP Cyan 2000 - 2017 Providence A's's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants to trade Feliz and sign Mueller?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/sports/ci_3271616

MUELLER TIME? While Sabean said 90 percent of his time and effort is going into fixing the pitching staff, there are indications the Giants are discussing a major change at third base.

The club reportedly has offered Pedro Feliz in trade talks, perhaps with the thought of clearing the position for Bill Mueller. The former Giant is a free agent being pursued by the Twins, White Sox and others.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I wouldn't mind a Feliz trade one bit. He has not improved at any aspect of the game especially hitting. He is a good defender with a strong infield arm but just can't hit all that well. I am sure we can get something decent for him but then we are still stuck with Alfonzo. Both of these men need to go if we get Mueller.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    And Sabean was praised for signing Alfonzo to that $26 million contract in the first place.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well I want to find those guys who praised it and beat them up. Alfonzo has had good portions of a season but not a full season and hasn't come close to earning is paychecks. I was glad to see that he dedicated himself and lost weight but still was injury plagued and Alou's mismanagement of the team. I don't want to pay a bench player that much.