I am trying my best to stay positive but this offseason has been full of shit and more shit. Before the offseason began Magowan and Sabean said things need to change because the old way wasn't working. They said that we needed to get younger. The exact opposite has happened. Here's what our lineup is most likely to look like:

1B-Rich Aurilia-35 yrs old
2B-Ray Durham-35 yrs old
SS-Omar Vizquel-39 yrs old
3B-Pedro Feliz-31 yrs old
LF-Barry Bonds-42 yrs old
CF-Dave Roberts-35 yrs old
RF-Randy Winn-32 yrs old
C-Bengie Molina-32 yrs old

Not one goddamn player under the age of 30. The only youth comes from our pitching staff with the like of Cain, Lowry and just about the whole entire bullpen. Benitez is the closer and he's 34 suffering from arthritis. So where in the hell did things go wrong? We had all this money freed up but we spent it on older players. Sad thing is, we aren't done yet. We still needs pitching and who knows, Greg Maddux might be our #4 starter. Why not sign Clemens to go with it? Then we could have three HOFers on one team and have Bonds Aaron's record.

Now here's how I see our batting lineup:
1.Roberts
2.Vizquel
3.Aurilia
4.Bonds
5.Durham
6.Molina
7.Winn
8.Feliz

We will have speed atop the lineup which is always good. I think Aurilia can hit .285+ hitting in front of Bonds with a lot of doubles. I don't expect his homerun total from last year or his .300 average since Sweeney will be in the mix as well. Durham did a great job hitting behind Bonds but again I don't expect his power numbers from last year. I have Winn hitting in front of Feliz so Pedro will have some speed in front of him so maybe, just maybe, his RISP numbers will go up.

The bench will play a huge part in this season. Aurilia will switch around the infield gives guys days off with Sweeney playing first. Aurilia should play a good part in getting Feliz rest. Frandsen will also be helping in the infield. Alfonzo will be backing Molina up and if he can keep his offensive numbers up like last year,s we chould be good at catcher. Linden will more than likely be the 4th OFer since he showed that he could finally hit at the big league level and plays good defense. I see him getting in close to 100 games this season.

Cain, I hope you don't mind filling Schmidt's shoes because that is what is expected of you. After a good first full season, he finished 13-12 with a 4.15 ERA while pitching 190 innings. In the second half, he had a stretch of not giving up a run in 5 of 6 games. Then he got blasted his last three starts which gave him such a high ERA. Lowry had a rough season getting hurt in his first game and just never got in a groove. Morris sucked balls as did Wrigth and Hennessey. Alou took too long to switch the two and it cost us some games. Hennessey showed that he is better off in the bullpen along with Correia. The Giants have got to get two more starters and at least one proven reliever. And when I say proven, I don't mean OLD!

The Giants still have opportunities to make some trades to either get better or at least younger. After missing out on guys like Soriano and Lee, the Giants have to do better than Roberts and Molina.