Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Offseason News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Well no worries. That will come after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Well no worries. That will come after the season.
    I hope you're right. They wouldn't dare start this "inquiry" during the season and scew us completely -- would they?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It will take them along time to get anything done and Fehr would hold it off til the season is over.

AAA ERA
    Well that inquiry that people said would not happen is about to start, and when it is over there will be alot of people hurt! As for those who think Bonds will be one of them think again. This is why he has said nothing about steroids. You have to have hard proof and even though I think he took them they have nothing. So to all of you who say he should have admitted using them here is why he said nothing! All they have is he said she said. Not enough to hang him with. GET IT ON, AND GET IT OVER WITH!!!

You can imagine the implications of this investigation I'm sure. It could be so far reaching I doubt it will be in the interest of baseball when all is said and done. This thing could drag on for years -- literally. Meanwhile the entire game will continue to be tarnished and everything will be brought into question. What Selig is doing is not the right thing. They have put a policy in place. I say move on. This investigation isn’t going to prove anything most don't already know. Then what, are they going to put asterisks on every line of the record book with disclaimers between 1998 and 2003 etc? Stupid.

AAA ERA
    Baseball is just looking at the tip of the iceburg. This could go on for ever and ever. Dump Selig and get someone in there who is not the puppet of the owners.

Just say "No" to Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Baseball is just looking at the tip of the iceburg. This could go on for ever and ever. Dump Selig and get someone in there who is not the puppet of the owners.
    I don't even understand how you can have an owner of a club be the friggin' commissioner. How did they ever let that happen? And then to appoint that clown is really puzzling. Maybe nobody else wanted the job.

AAA ERA
    Kid...The owners wanted Selig! Ownership wants the control. If you can control your own business you can do anything you want and who is to say no. You of all people must know this!

AAA ERA
    DUMP SELIG AND GET A REAL COMMISH!!!

DUMP SELIG AND GET A REAL COMMISH!!!
    Problem is they (the owners) seem happy and pleased (or is it content) with what Bud is doing. Is that not amazing? Are they that blind to what is or is not going on in the commissioners office? D'oh.

AAA ERA
    OH no they know! He does what ever they want him to do! Blow j.. etc.!
    He is their puppet.

OH no they know! He does what ever they want him to do! Blow j.. etc.!
    He is their puppet.
    Isn't that just the pits? I mean this is suppose to be the America Pastime and they have that fool running the show. No wonder people migrate away from baseball. Meanwhile the NFL seems to do everyting right and their popularity is building year-by-year. The NBA killed themselves and I see a lot of that happening in baseball. Shame I tell 'ya -- damn shame.

AAA ERA
    And until they get real leader that is not a Puppet things will not get better!
    But did you see they got 4 minor leaguers today for Roids. People you will never hear of again! Its a Joke!!!!

And until they get real leader that is not a Puppet things will not get better!
    But did you see they got 4 minor leaguers today for Roids. People you will never hear of again! Its a Joke!!!!
    Oh but the policy must be working then.

They make scrape goats out of these nondescript minor leaguers and then point to that as having fixed the problem. Then they hammer a guy like Bonds who is one of the greatest players of all time when they should be minding the store. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

AAA ERA
    But you understand whats really happening!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast