Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants Offseason News

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Kid...Your age is showing!!!
    Yeah, a senior moment!

AAA ERA
    KID...Just don't let it happen again or we will have to put you into the OLD POSTERS HOME!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Not bad, but do you think that it was as good as this years? I don't think it
    comes close!
    Hey you asked and I delivered. I hope this rotation will kick its ass and I think they have a shot but for us to have every pitcher with a winning record, its a stretch for now. And that's why they play 162

AAA ERA
    As I said earlier I love your passion but the real reason they play 162 and some day will play even more is MONEY & GREED!

As I said earlier I love your passion but the real reason they play 162 and some day will play even more is MONEY & GREED!
    Very true. The onwers are really the ones who ****ed up baseball IMO. There is always a George Steinbrenner (or Daniel Synder) who won't allow the system to work. Yes he's playing within the framework of the system but just like Donald Trump f u c k e d up the USFL George does his best to screw up the game with his $200 Million payrolls etc. It's pure greed. Other owners have little choice to "try" and keep up but it's a tough road to hoe.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Don't try and blame George for owning the most successful team in history in one of the biggest cities in the US. What else is he supposed to do? Not spend the money the team generates? And of course they play all these games for greed, from the players to the owners to the cities they play in. Everyone has their hand in the cookie jar.

Well I blame all the owners for allowing the ridiculous system where only the most wealthy owners can play. It goes against all competitive sense to have a system that breeds unfair advantages. And then we wonder why fans get disgusted with the game and wander off to do other things. It's clearly a big problem and baseball has themselves backed into a corner. George laughs at the luxury tax and just cuts a check for the overage. That's pitiful IMO.

Are the players guilty? Sure they are. They're as greedy and guilty as the next guy but the owners are the ones who let their greed blind them. Football is going in that direction but at least cooler heads prevailed on both sides and they have a reasonable answer to the problem and labor peace.

As always, just my opinion.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    To blame these wealthy owners is old news now.
    2001- Diamondbacks won
    2002- Angels-Wild Card
    2003- Marlins- Wild Card
    2004- Red Sox
    2005 White Sox

Only the Red Sox really paid out the ass to win that championship and they had one hell of a hill to climb to get it. Drafting good players and holding onto them is the key. I blame the small market owners for not spending, not the big market teams FOR spending. Teams like the Royals, Pirates and Twins have the money but fail to spend it and they ignore the luxury tax.

Well OK, we'll agree to diagree on this one. No problem. Just sayin' IMO the system is broken and baseball as a result is in a mess.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Baseball is a mess because of the management (Selig, Fehr and Friends). This we can all agree on.

AAA ERA
    The Diamondbacks almost went belly up when they spent all that money for
    the 2001 team. It was the main reason Jerry C. lost the team! But yes I will agree Selig has to go and we need a person to replace him who is not in the owners pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Baseball is a mess because of the management (Selig, Fehr and Friends). This we can all agree on.
    Yep. And, don't forget the players. They have a big hand in it to. The unions are not doing the fans any favors.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Bonds was to meet with Fehr today but didn't get to hear why. It should be on ESPN News again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Bonds was to meet with Fehr today but didn't get to hear why. It should be on ESPN News again soon.
    They've been talking about it all morning on ESPN radio -- to the point where I just changed the station!

Apparently the Commish is going to appoint a special somethigorother to probe into the Bonds issue as a result of the book!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast