Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Giants Offseason News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    See now that has SOMETHING to do with SOMETHING. We have to wait and see on that one!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Well you might as well close the fuc... thread seeing this is not the offseason in case you have not noticed!
    Saving it for next year bub!!

AAA ERA
    I hate to think what else you save!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I would just drop it if I were you Bear before I make you look even more silly. I have saved all your posts and it gonna be hilarious!

AAA ERA
    And now we are acting the bully boy! Go calm yourself in what ever way you can. Remember, I was willing to drop this a long time ago!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Ok here we go

Yeah, but they are playing above .500 ball in recent weeks! Old 05-29-2006, 10:23 AM
    The Giants suck! 05-29-2006, 07:58 PM
    Man that was a quick one!

Just trying to make people see reality and the light of the day.
    Ok here is where it really pisses me off! You accuse me of thinking that I'm god but when you say it, its reality. You are a ****ing hypocrit!

If you were willing to let it go, why didn't you? You are as stubborn as I am so please stop thinking you are better than me. Point is this team is not giving up whether you like it or not!

This thread is being closed since its not the offseason and for the good fo the site!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Here is a preview of what we have to work with this offseason.
    Owner Peter Magowan said Friday that Sabean will be back in 2007 despite gripes from some fans who have questioned certain moves. Magowan also said he has no plan to slash payroll despite 11 players eligible for free agency who make about $60 million of the $85 million payroll.

Contract status

Free agents

Pitchers Jason Schmidt, Jamey Wright (mutual option), Steve Kline and Mike Stanton; catcher Todd Greene; infielders Ray Durham, Shea Hillenbrand and Pedro Feliz; outfielders Barry Bonds, Steve Finley (club option) and Moises Alou.

Signed for 2007

Pitchers Matt Morris, Noah Lowry, Armando Benitez and Tim Worrell; catcher Mike Matheny; infielder Omar Vizquel, first baseman/outfielder Mark Sweeney; and outfielder Randy Winn.
    The rest of the article can be found at:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...PGKPKM1821.DTL

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    It's that time of year again and this one should be a very different one. The Giants have 11 possible FA's so who knows what the **** Sabean will do. Let's get this started shall we?

The Giants are expected to make a run at re-signing Ray Durham, who is looking for a two-year contract with an option.
    San Francisco has 12 free agents, including Barry Bonds. GM Brian Sabean said he plans to make the club younger and healthier while acquiring players who can make long-term contributions. Omar Vizquel could be the only starter from their infield back next year.
    One year too long IMO since Frandsen has shown he can do the job. Durham did earna a contract after hitting a career high 26 homers and help carry the Giants when no one else was hitting.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    The Giants received permission to speak to Angels pitching coach Bud Black about their managerial opening.
    Black has turned down opportunities in the past because he'd like to stay in Southern California. If it turns out that he's interested in the Giants job, he'd have a real shot at landing it.
    I have no problem with Black being our manager.

MLB ERA
    Why not promote Righetti?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    I have no idea. Maybe Righetti doesn't want it.

MLB ERA
    Oh ok, I mean when Dusty left in 02, I was hoping they promote Righetti.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    East Valley Tribune: "Luis Gonzalez was a free agent for only hours Saturday before San Francisco and Texas came calling, major league sources confirmed Sunday, becoming the first two teams to initiate contact with Gonzalez in what could blossom into a bullish market for his services."
    What good will this do? This doesn't make us younger or even that much better in LF defensively. Just say no to Gonzo!

MLB ERA
    Damm, man either bring Bonds back, let him break the record as a Giant, and no Gonzo, no offense he's a great player, but we need young talent!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...s/15890415.htm
    The club is in the process of exchanging figures with Feliz's agent, Mike Arias. Although he wouldn't comment on the parameters of a potential deal, Arias said Feliz would pass up a chance to test the market if he can agree to terms with the Giants.
    Feliz's .244 average and .281 on-base percentage ranked last among qualified National League third basemen in 2006, but he also finished with a team-high 98 RBIs and contributed above-average defense.
    Why would anyone want the worst third baseman in the league? This really pisses me off as the Giants can do a lot better.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast