Thread: Who needs Bonds?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Who needs Bonds?

When you got Tucker. Tucker crushing a grand slam into McCovey's Cove to give the Giants the lead was just amazing. The guy even posed like Bonds at the plate. Jerome Williams pitched brilliantly giving up one run over 7 innings and it only took him 89 pitches. Vizquel stole two bases giving him four on the year and is playing stellar shortstop. I am really impressed by the "washed up" Vizquel. Two straight come from behind wins. We're starting to roll boys.

Rookie ERA
    Truthfully, it would be good for the Giants to get away from the Bonds era and look forward to a nice future.

Can you imagine the payback by trading Bonds?

I know it will not happen but the Giants could do so much better and not have to deal with the roids issues.

AAA ERA
    who could take on the contract besides the yanks?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Almost any team could take his contract since it will be paid over so many years, but the Giants aren't stupid. The Giants make so much money off of him and you don't trade 7 time MVPs. The Giants have had the benefit of not playing with Bonds all spring which is a lot better than losing Bonds midseason and the team buring their heads in the sand. Bonds coming back to this team will add so much excitement. The players are used to the roids talk. Every player throughout MLB is used to it by now. The Giants organization and Bonds want Barry to break this record in a Giants uniform and it would be dumb to trade him.

Rookie ERA
    Hehehe,

Was that me that called him washed up? 'Cause I know we had an argument back in the offseason about that FA signing.

Vizzy has just been amazing defensively. As well as our other seven guys taking care of business on the field. Even though we did sweep the Colorado Rockies, and slapping eleven runs on the board, let's admit they are the doormats of the NL West with a horrible pitching staff and bullpen. I was at the game last Thursday night, and it was frustrating enough to see our boys just cash out on so many opportunities to try and score runs. That's our challenge heading into our rematch tomorrow night and into the series. If we can disrupt Weaver, get runners on, find better patience at the plate and smack quality pitches for RBI's all without Bonds or Alou in the lineup, I'll be very content with that.

But a 4-2 start to the season isn't bad either.

I'll take the steroid issues along with Bonds any day of the week. It would be nice if we did have a nice future to look forward to but the Giants can't produce hitting prospects and that's a fact.Without him we're nothing just like this season has showed us so far.