Thread: Some Good News

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Some Good News

Armando Benitez has already has a rehab stint which came as a shock to me. He pitched one inning and gave up zero runs. I knew he was ahead of schedule but not this far ahead. Do despite what Bonds said yesterday, the Giants do have something to look forward to. Not even Bonds could have saved this season the way the pitching staff has performed. Benitez would give a huge boost to this team as they would know they had someone at the end to actually stop a game. Walker could return to a setup role along with Hawkins and Eyre. Now if Bonds sees that Benitez's return has helped the Giants get back into this race come September, expect Bonds to reconsider what he said. He will be monitoring both situations very carefully.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    You think he would really come back if they were in contention? No doubt this guy could help out with a return.

AA ERA
    I really think Bonds should try and come back if the Giants really are going to make a playoff run. It would definitely help impress the fans and maybe raise his reputation.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    I don't know if it would raise his reputation. Simply because some fans may feel like he is only coming back for a ring. So, why couldn' he come back contention or not?

AA ERA
    He would be putting his career on the line because he wouldn't be totally ready and just wants to help the team win and put them over the edge. That would impress me,
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Of course he's coming back for a ring. That's the whole point of playing MLB, to get a ring and win. He also wants these records. His coming back would add so much to the game of baseball and take it up a notch. Bonds coming back for a possible playoff run, bringing the Giants out of the dark would be a HUGE story and would be great for the game despite what the Bonds haters would say.

Rookie ERA
    I am hearing rumors of Benitez coming back in the next few weeks. Any truth to that?
    Love me now or hate me more.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Could be this weekend against the Marlins.

Rookie ERA
    That would be sweet.
    Love me now or hate me more.