Thread: Weaver shuts down the Giants

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Weaver shuts down the Giants

Have to give credit where credit is due, Weaver pitched a beaut. He pitched 8 innings giving up just 5 hits and walking only one. Tomko didn't look bad til the 6th where he couldn't get a groundball to get out of a jam. Even Weaver had an RBI that inning. Alfonzo showing signs of patience walking twice in the game. I am worried about Alou because without him we have no one that hit over 30 homers. Alou is the RBI machine that we signed and hopefully he won't be out too long.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    Have to give credit where credit is due, Weaver pitched a beaut. He pitched 8 innings giving up just 5 hits and walking only one. Tomko didn't look bad til the 6th where he couldn't get a groundball to get out of a jam. Even Weaver had an RBI that inning. Alfonzo showing signs of patience walking twice in the game. I am worried about Alou because without him we have no one that hit over 30 homers. Alou is the RBI machine that we signed and hopefully he won't be out too long.
    I was at the game last night. (It's too bad Coopdawg and Giants666 that we weren't able to meet) My first ever Dodger/Giant game, and let me just say how disgraceful it was. Not only do I drop 50 freakin' dollars for yesterday's game, but I'm sitting in my damn chair for two hours and 45 minutes not being able to cheer? Hell, and not even seeing a run come home? So PATHETIC. I'll tip my hat to Weaver, yeah nice performance. But he's a fool if he thinks his Bums made a "statement" three games into the season. Idiot.

Once again the name of the game is HITTING and DOUBLEPLAYS. What was so irritating that night was how many times out of the 6 hits we earned, we couldn't get anything done. Everytime a runner got on first base, the next hitter would just groundout into a DP, and whenever a runner got into scoring position, we'd either flail at the first pitch to hit a groundball into the infield, or pop out to end the inning. And coincidentally, it was ALL in sequence. I also took notice to how degrading of a team we definitely are without Bonds or Alou in the lineup. I'm already missing those old-timers like crazy man. NO POWER WHATSOEVER on the team. Hell, if I get paid 2 million dollars a year, I can guarantee you I can at least hit the ball through the middle of the diamond.

Tomko had an okay performance. Although yes, the base hit to Jeff Weaver, of all Bums, was just brutal. Even more annoying were those Bums on the upper left hand side of the view reserved section chanting. **SIGH** Least my friend and I made a chant of our own saying GO HOME DODGERS!!!!

To close, the main highlight of the day altogether was when I went down with my friend to the field club level and saw our boys in person. And let me just say, it was an INCREDIBLE experience. Saw Barry Bonds, Alfonzo, Feliz, Grissom, Torrealba, Lowry, Vizquel, Brower, Eyre, Benitez, and Michael Tucker. My friend had his jersey signed by Jim Brower, Vizquel, and Eyre, but unfortunately I didn't have anything they could've signed for me. Just looking at the players right in front of my face was just amazing.