Thread: Bullpen meltdown

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bullpen meltdown

Giants got their asses kicked tonight 10-4. The Ginats bullpen was responsible for 8 runs. Rueter didn't look bad in his first start only giving up 2 earned. Herges got rocked as he should have. Everything he threw was a hanger and everything they hit was a linedrive. Funny how that happens. Same went with Walker and Christiansen. Alfonzo showed he has improved his foot speed but had an error (should have been two). 10 men left on base guys. Guys aren't getting the ball in play with men on thrid and one out. Snow had an opportunity to at least tie the game and took two straight fastballs with men on second and third with one out. Kent had a great defensive game which was kind of a shock considering the plays he was making and making them cleanly. Giants tried to come back in the ninth getting three runs. Matheny had a two run homer and Feliz went 2-4 with an RBI. Fassero was the only reliever not to give up a run.

Just now saw that it was Giants666's birthday. Happy 22nd, I hope it was a good one since the Giants lost.
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 04-07-2005 at 01:52 AM.

Rookie ERA
    His birthday is actually today, april 7th, which is why we are going to the game today. I hope the game doesn't get rained out because it isn't looking good where we live and it is worse in the city. Yeah that was a disappointing game. So far we have had poor clutch hitting and that is killing us. Aside from alfonso no one has put together two consistent days.

Also, this is why I was screaming for Tyler Walker not to make the team. David Aardsma can give up 5 runs in an inning just as easily as Tyler except David has a higher ceiling and has a better head on his shoulders.

However, none of that matters much to me now...I am going to a Giants Dodgers game and I have waited my whole life for this! GO GIANTS!!!

Another note:

Durham didn't start and Moises came out after two at bats. I have heard no reports on why either of them were out.

Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by coopdawg
    His birthday is actually today, april 7th, which is why we are going to the game today. I hope the game doesn't get rained out because it isn't looking good where we live and it is worse in the city. Yeah that was a disappointing game. So far we have had poor clutch hitting and that is killing us. Aside from alfonso no one has put together two consistent days.

Also, this is why I was screaming for Tyler Walker not to make the team. David Aardsma can give up 5 runs in an inning just as easily as Tyler except David has a higher ceiling and has a better head on his shoulders.

However, none of that matters much to me now...I am going to a Giants Dodgers game and I have waited my whole life for this! GO GIANTS!!!
    I've been on ABC 7 all week, and into the early morning hours, and they've been reporting morning showers, scattered showers around most parts of the Bay in the later afternoon, but they did make it clear that by gametime it'll clear up which is a definite relief. But man, it's gonna be C-O-L-D tonight. A high of 59 degrees.

Tell me about it on the word disappointing. We consistently strand runners on base, and we have absolutely no patience at the plate to swing at good pitches to drive our boys in. I don't even want to see our stats in two games so far with runners in scoring position. Woody pitched a solid game, it just sucks we couldn't provide anything for him.

For tonight, I'll be watching for that clutch hitting, and seeing if we can actually make Weaver work up the pitch counts. I'm very excited also man. Along with you, my first ever Giants-Dodgers game in front of 42,000 strong waving orange rally chickens. I definitely LIVE for this.

Coop, I'll PM you later on with where you can find me.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Moises went out with a strained calf and will be out for tonight's game. MRI on Friday.