Thread: My Giants Deadline Wish List

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants My Giants Deadline Wish List

Giants have some glaring holes and that's up the middle, on the bench and in the bullpen. SS and 2B have been a problem but Theriot has stepped up his game but if we can upgrade, we need to. The bench could use some thump and guys like Burriss and Arias aren't going to provide it. One has to go. The bullpen needs some arms and thankfully they are a dime a dozen. Giants will have to get creative because our farm is not that strong. Here's a realistic list Sabean should be calling about:

Marco Scutaro- Upgrade at SS and 2B but plays in division and a lot of teams need infield help
    Jed Lowrie- Another upgrade at SS but currently hurt and has a history of injuries.
    Brandon Lyon- Sticking with the Astros here, he would be a nice arm to add to the pen. Good 7th inning guy
    Huston Street- He would be setting up which might piss him off but he would be on a contender
    Brandon League- Not my first choice but should be available
    Grant Balfour- A's are above .500 but I don't think that will stop Beane from shipping pieces out. Balfour is a good vet to have

Shit, have to cut this short but I will have more but it's a good start to a list to address our biggest needs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: My Giants Deadline Wish List

Vargas could be a nice fit.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants aren't shopping for starting pitching and don't want them doing a disservice to Vargas. He would look good for the Cards, Orioles, Pirates, Mets and a couple of other teams.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Blue Jays are wanting to deal Yunel Escobar and I would love the chance to get him. His work ethic is questionable but he was re-energized after being traded to the Jays from the Braves. This is his worst season so the cost might not be as high as in the past. Plus he's not a rental because he's signed through 2013 with options for '14 and '15.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Here's some more guys I would like the Giants to look at:
    Corey Hart
    Jeff Baker
    Reed Johnson
    Jose Mirajes
    Randy Choate
    Gaby Sanchez

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cross Choate off the list, he was traded to the Dodgers Giants need to step it up with the Dodgers getting HanRam, Choate and on the verge of getting Dempster.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants got #1 on my list, Scutaro.
    According to Troy Renck of the Denver Post, the Giants have acquired Marco Scutaro from the Rockies.
    The Rockies will get infielder Charlie Culberson in return. The Rockies will also cover some of Scutaro's remaining salary for 2012. Scutaro, 36, is hitting .271/.324/.361 with four homers, 30 RBI, seven stolen bases and a .684 OPS in 95 games played this season.
    Culberson will not be missed and Burriss was DFA'd. This was a good move!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

After the past week, I want just three things:
    1. Huff DFA'd and either Overbay or Gaby Sanchez brought it.
    2. Hunter Pence
    3. A solid reliever

Huff hurt his knee yet again but really has no business being on this team. Overbay was just DFA'd and would be an upgrade. Too bad he is left handed. Sanchez is right handed so he could platoon with Belt when necessary.

Pence is simply the best of what's available. He would look great in the Giants lineup if Bochy had any clue how to construct one.

Our bullpen blew up last night and I'm just not comfortable with Penny and Loux getting the ball. We need a proven reliever. I don't want a closer like Broxton or Perez, just a solid 7th inning guy.