Thread: Mota suspended 100 games

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Mota suspended 100 games

MLB suspended Guillermo Mota for 100 games after a second positive test for a performance-enhancing drug.
    Mota, who has a 5.06 ERA and 9/4 K/BB ratio in 10 2/3 innings this seson, tested positive for Clenbuterol. The veteran right-hander previously tested positive for PED use back in 2006 as a member of the Mets and served a 50-game suspension to begin the 2007 season. He'll be eligible to rejoin the Giants down the stretch.
    This season just keeps getting better. No word on the replacement but Hacker could be the guy since he is a long reliever type. Heath Hembree could also be a guy as he is just crushing it at AAA. It's not a big blow but with an already thin bullpen, this does sting.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Mota suspended 100 games

Maybe you'll jump in the Mike Gonzalez sweepstakes as well...I figure Hacker is the obvious replacement, but Surkamp could be, if he's healthy.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think Surkamp is best served staying as a starter in AAA but he's hurt so it doesn't matter.
    Last edited by love_that_reefer; 05-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.

AAA ERA

I like the idea of Heath Hembree. Some think he will be the closer of the future and if this is the case let him get some MLB experience and see what he can do.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"