Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants May Gameday Thread

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants May Gameday Thread

So glad to see no one picked up the slack when I was gone Well the Giants have been nothing but the model of inconsistently while I was out. Affeldt went on the DL, Huff is have some emotional problems and Sandoval hurt his wrist last night.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants May Gameday Thread

Giants lose their 4th straight! Lincecum struggles yet again as my concerns continue to grow. I am really happy right now that the Giants didn't give him the 8 year deal he was asking for. Pagan extended his MLB leading hitting streak to 16 games. Hensley/Romo let the Brewers score right after the Giants fought back to tie the game. Belt reaches base twice with a single and BB and hopefully will remain getting consistent playing time.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Happy Birthday to Willie Mays!! The Giants win in extra innings with Hector getting the GW hit! Cain pitched a beauty striking out 10 in seven innings while only walking one but of course could not get the win. Pagan extended his hitting streak to 20 games

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Zito pitched another winnable game but unfortunately the Giants made Ted Lilly look like Sandy Koufax. Bochy's inability to put the best field on the team is really hurting this ballgame but that's nothing new.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants win a 1 run game against Kershaw? Weird!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Thanks to Donnie Smallball choosing to bunt with Kemp on deck, allowing the Giants to take the bat out of Kemp's hand with first base open. It seems everytime against Bochy, Mattingly gets outmanaged and shows what a noob he is.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lincecum remains inconsistent giving up 4 ER in just 5 IP. He had a 2-0 lead but blew it on a hanger to Tony Gwynn Jr. of all people. He did strikeout 8 though so I'm still in limbo as to whether to worry or not. It's pretty sad when Lincecum is less consistent than Barry Zito. Nate Schierholtz really sucked a fat one last night getting thrown out stealing and then getting picked off at 2nd by Matt Kemp, costing the Gmen a run. This team just flat out sucks with RISP but this is nothing new sadly and it still amazes me that the front office did nothing to address the offense. Off day today so Sabean best be working the phones.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Big series starting tonight and I feel the pitching favors us. We have Bum, Cain and Zito going so hopefully the offense can put up more than 2.6 runs per game, their May average.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good win from the Giants as Bochy finally put together a good lineup instead of "spreading the offense". He grouped his best hitters together and it worked out but Matt Cain did have to hit a bit to get himself a win. He pitched a gem as usual and had a big 2-R double. Cabrera remains the only consistent player for the Giants and Crawford had yet another error that cost the Giants a run. His defense was supposed to be why he made the team but he has been nothing but terrible. I would like to see Arias play SS with Gillaspie at 3B tomorrow. We still severely need middle infield help.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It's fucking weird when Barry Zito is more consistent than Tim Lincecum! Good series win today and now heading back to SF! Culberson was called up and Gillaspie was sent down.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Freddy Sanchez (shoulder) will undergo an MRI on his lower back.
    Sanchez also dealt with back issues during spring training and, of course, still isn't totally over his shoulder woes. "It's another setback," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said, adding that the infielder is "at the point where he can't do anything." Bochy recently said it was ''50-50'' whether Sanchez would return in May, but obviously he'll be a longshot to do so now.
    The Giants cannot count on Sanchez playing this season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good win tonight and I think we have finally found our leadoff man in Gregor Blanco. I just wish Bochy would put him in CF over Pagan. Blanco hit his 1st HR tonight along with two infield singles. His OBP is at .379 now but I'm sure Bochy will find away to fuck this up. V-song pitched through back pains walking five but allowed just one run. Posey finally got back on track going 2-4 with the go-ahead RBI single and he threw out Scutaro trying to steal second. Giants are a game above .500 again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Terrible loss tonight as this offense continues to make me puke. In the 1st inning, the first two Giants walked and no one could drive them in let alone move them over. In the 8th, they had the bases loaded and one out and did nothing! They were 2-17 w/RISP and had 13 LOB. On top of that, the Giants had 3 errors and if it weren't for Belt saving Crawford's ass on just about every throw there would have been more. Pagan didn't get credited with an error but he sure made a bonehead play in CF allowing the ball to go all the way to the wall. The Giants have a AAA middle infield and have a whole team filled with players who have no hitting fundamentals. They don't know how to move runners over, when to take a pitch or any knowledge of game situations in general. The Angels fired their hitting coach in an attempt to shake things up, maybe the Giants should do the same.

Giants are 21st in OBP, 24th in HR, 26th in Runs, 27th in BA w/RISP, 30th in OPS w/RISP and dead last in Fielding %. Changes need to be made

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Cards beat the Giants but I don't really care about that right now. Beltran brought some truth to light with his arrival in SF. He states (and I believe him) that the Giants never called Beltran over the offseason and rarely talked to his agent. That's fucking unacceptable to me! Sabean is the same man who did everything he could to kiss Beltran's ass by chartering a plane for him to fly to the All Star game with Bochy and Wilson so they could kiss his ass and then can't even call one of the best hitters last season? Fuck you Sabean!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants nearly swept the A's but 2 of 3 is good enough. They will now take on the Brewers and our pitching favors us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast