Thread: Giants April Game Thread

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants April Game Thread

I will be taking a vacation shortly so can't do all the gameday threads so I will make this thread and hopefully someone can make a May one too as I will be gone to begin May. It's going to be a much needed vacation and will get to play some of the finest golf courses in North Carolina including Pinehurst which I'm really excited about. Hopefully someone can pick up the slack while I'm gone.

As for the next series against the Phillies, Lincecum best turn things around quick since he's facing off against Roy Halladay. Here's today's lineup:

Pagan CF
    Cabrera RF
    Sandoval 3B
    Posey C
    Huff LF
    Belt 1B
    Crawford SS
    Burriss 2B

Good to see Bochy sticking with Belt and Burriss.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants April Game Thread

Lincecum has once again been rocked in the 1st inning. This time for 4 runs and we're facing Halladay. Talk about a deep hole!

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

5-2 past the halfway point.... best thing thats happened for the giants so far is Pablo got a base hit by bouncing the ball off the 1B bag straight into the air... it was like watching "angels in the outfield" the way the ball kept eluding fielders.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good game tonight as Bumgarner got the win and the Giants got back to scoring four runs. In Bumgarner's first start since agreeing to his extension, he threw six innings of two run ball. The bullpen took it from there with Hensley, Romo and Casilla shutting it down. Casilla got his first of what should be many saves this season. Nate went 3-3 with a RBI and a walk to help lead the offense, one of those hits being a laser off the RF wall. Posey went 3-4 with a couple of flares dropping down and Panda went 2-4 with a RBI. Good win for the G-men!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Game of the year so far and I'm talking about throughout the MLB! Lee goes 10 shutout innings and Cain goes 9 shutout innings! Cain has given up just 3 hits in his last 18 IP. Melky with the walkoff single to right and Belt scored the winning run. Just a fantastic game and why I love the sport!

AAA ERA

I was at this game, and it was in the top ten games that I have attended ever. The pitching was fantastic by both Cain & Lee. The rhythm of this game was beautiful. I agree that this is why this game is the best sport in America.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good win on the road for the G-men! Zito did just enough, Belt made a great play at the plate, Sanchez came through and Cabrera remained hot. Hensley came in and shut the door in the 10th!