Thread: Bumgarner gets extension!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Bumgarner gets extension!!!

John Shea of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Giants have signed left-handed starter Madison Bumgarner to a five-year contract extension.
    The agreement covers all of Bumgarner's years of arbitration eligibility and his first year of free agency. The 22-year-old posted a stellar 3.21 ERA and 191/46 K/BB ratio in 204 2/3 innings last season, and is generally regarded as one of the top young starters in the sport. No word yet on the financial details of the deal, which also carries options for 2018 and 2019.
    I've been waiting all offseason for this and it finally came. Great news for the Giants and us fans!! The Giants brass made a wise move here that will save the millions in the long run. Giants now have Bumgarner and Cain locked up to build around. I feel like I am always in shock when the Sabean and the boys make a good move.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bumgarner gets extension!!!

Giants signed LHP Madison Bumgarner to a five-year, $35 million contract extension with options for 2018 and 2019.
    The guaranteed value of the deal will be bumped to $40 million if Bumgarner qualifies for Super Two status, which he has a good shot to do. Bumgarner, 22, registered a sparkling 3.21 ERA and 191/46 K/BB ratio across 204 2/3 innings last season and should -- along with Matt Cain and perhaps Tim Lincecum -- provide stability over the next several years in the San Francisco rotation.
    Fantastic news!!

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Bumgarner gets extension!!!

here is my in-depth and highly technical analysis of the bumgarner contract extension: FUCK YEAH!! ​that is all.