Thread: Giants had their shot

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants had their shot

The Giants left eight men on base and lost won that could have been closer. Corriea struggled as the Jones' hit a combined three homers off of him. Pedro Feliz took a called strike three with the bases loaded. We have seen this too many times. Feliz then hit into a bases loaded double play. At the beginning of the year, Feliz was patient. Now he swings at everything like he used too. Feliz has to do better than this to be a future starter. He has shown no signs of getting better at the plate. Matheny had a good game going 3-4. Rueter pitched in relief and struggled throwing two wild pitches then giving up a run. Giants had their opportunity to score a lot of runs but failed.

On a side note, it was nice to see the Braves play a little joke on Andruw Jones. After his second homer, no one cared to high-five Jones on his return to the dugout. Even Bobby Cox was cutting up. I would like to see a lot more of that.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA
    LOL, the Reds did the same thing to Casey the other night after he hit a HR.

The Giants really need to get it done when opportunity knocks. It has to hurt to lose a close one, trust me I know.