Thread: Giants Trade Ideas 2011

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Trade Ideas 2011

I think realistic possibilities as of right now to help this team are Keppinger, Hardy, Betemit, Beltran, Willingham, Cuddyer or Kubel. I don't see any of them costing a lot in terms of top talent and all of them would be an upgrades. Posey and Freddy are out for the year, we have no true SS though Crawford has done well defensively and has a good swing, LF could be improved and definitely need a catcher but don't see any available. Thankfully the Giant have great pitching to keep the opposing offenses within reach. Sandoval is coming back tomorrow which is like gaining a trade and Fontenot should be back shortly if not tomorrow as well. Hopefully Sandoval will force Bochy to shake up the lineup. Here's what I would love to see until we make a move:

1. Torres
    2. Ross
    3. Nate
    4. Sandoval
    5. Huff
    6. Hall
    7. Crawford
    8. Whiteside/Stewart

Its not good but its better and Tejada is not batting second which is huge. The additions of any of the players I mentioned would make big upgrades to this offense.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants Trade Ideas 2011

George Kottaras of the Brewers is now being rumored as a possibility.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants have acquired Max Ramirez from the Rangers. He should be better than Jackson Williams. Really wouldn't be that hard.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants have made our old friend Yorvit Torrealba our main catching target. Right now Napoli is hurt for the Rangers so no move is on the horizon but Torreabla would be an upgrade offensively. Problem is he is under contract for over $3 million next season which is way too much to pay a backup catcher. I am not a fan of this idea to be honest. I really want to go hard after Ramon Hernandez! The Reds have a stud down in AAA named Devin Mesoraco who they can call up to play with Hanigan. It would be hard to make a deal since we really don't have what they need like a SS, LFer or starting pitching. Still, I think its worth most of the Giants time on the matter.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Another player I would like the Giants to target is Maicer Izturis. Right now he is the Angels utility guy whereas in SF he would start at SS. Not sure exactly how we match up with them but I'm sure something could be worked out without giving up any top talent.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

After the Mets/Giants series, Beltran says he wouldn't be shocked to be a Giant before the year is over. I sure hope he is right and Paulino is part of the package.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

Giants trade idea 2011... Get better.... That is all...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Better than first place?

Rookie ERA

I heard a rumor today that made me laugh. Giants interested in Koyie Hill.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I read that rumor but it also included Soto if the Cubs made him available.

Rookie ERA

I'd be shocked if the Cubs made him available. Castillo is tearing it up in AAA, but it's really uncertain if he has what it takes to be an every day starter.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'd be shocked too. No use for the Cubs to give up on him this early.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants closer Brian Wilson hinted after Tuesday's All-Star Game that his club is in talks with the Mets regarding Carlos Beltran.
    "I guess we're in talks with them about Beltran," said Wilson. "Just another perennial hitter. Could only help out a squad. I think we've got a pretty good team already. We are in first place." When a reporter asked Wilson to clarify, the bearded closer reportedly smiled and said, "I didn't say that. I said I heard a rumor that someone's interested." It's obvious Giants' manager Bruce Bochy likes Beltran, as he chose him for the NL squad and put him in the starting lineup as the designated hitter for the All-Star Game. While Nate Schierholtz has played well in right field lately, Beltran would be a clear upgrade for their light-hitting lineup. We're not looking for Beltran to be dealt as quickly as K-Rod, but the Giants will certainly be one of the favorites to land him in the coming days.
    There is no one I want more right now than Carlos Beltran!! He would be an instant game changer for the Giants and the best hitter they have had since Barry Bonds. Beltran would most likely play LF with Nate in RF and Ross in CF. Torres has just not been the same player he was last year and Ross has been hitting the ball. Beltran, Ross and Nate would still be a good defensive OF. If the trade does happen, someone in the OF will have to go bye bye and I'm not sure who that would be yet. Nate could be part of the deal as could Ross, Torres could be released and Rowand could be released as well and the Giants just eat the money. I would prefer to keep Nate but I'm not real picky, I just want Beltran in a Giants uniform!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I think realistic possibilities as of right now to help this team are Keppinger, Hardy, Betemit, Beltran, Willingham, Cuddyer or Kubel.
    Got the first one on the list Hardy is out as he signed an extension, Betemit isn't needed now, Cuddyer and Kubel are likely out as the Twins still think they are in it, Willingham could still happen and Beltran remains a possibility.