Thread: This could be huge!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants This could be huge!

The Mets come in to town for three games, all without their star player Jose Reyes. I say this will be huge because the Giants have a chance to help knock this team out of contention, get chummy with Sandy Alderson to see what it will take to get players like Beltran or Paulino and stay in first place all at the same time. Giants have the three All Stars going with Vogelsong, Lincecum and Cain. The Mets have already said they have begun taking offers for Beltran and this gives the Giants three days to talk shop and try to lure him to SF. Beltran would be a game changer playing LF for the Giants. He would be a legit power threat and add another switch hitter to the lineup. The Giants OF has such bad numbers, I'm not really picky on who has to go. Nate might have to be involved in the trade of there was one to happen. Who knows but this could be a potentially big series for the Gmen. Let's not forget that it was Bochy who added Beltran to the All Star roster. I think the Giants are off to a good start

In other news, Fontenot will be activated from the DL today which means Bill Hall is likely a goner. Hall was spiked in yesterday's game receiving seven stitches which won't be ready to take out for two weeks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: This could be huge!

Al Micheals and Bob Costas are calling the game tonight on MLB Network, the first time they've ever paired up. Should be fun to watch.

Rookie ERA

You and I are probably the only ones.

Magic Finger!!!
    AAA ERA
    Blog Entries

I would have been watching this, but the reds were on, and then they pissed me off so I don't want to deal with any sports right now....

Off to play MLB 2K10

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nate the Great coming through supplying both the Giants runs, one on a sac fly and the other on a HR into the Cove!! SPLASH!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bochy outmanaged himself tonight and Wilson gave up the go ahead run. Got to get these next two. Beltran had three hits and made Giants fans drool!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants won yesterday's game 3-1 and need to win today's game to help push the Mets farther down. Beltran has done well and Sabean has to be dreaming of him in a Giants uniform.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants take 2 of 3 to end the first half on a good note. Nate was 4-4 with a RBI!! He has really been coming into his own this year. Potential good news may be on its way as the Giants will be taking Carlos Beltran to the All Star game. I wouldn't be shocked if we got him after the break.