Thread: Bring on the Twinkies!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Bring on the Twinkies!!

The Giants will host the Twins for a three game series starting tomorrow and thankfully we have our hottest pitchers facing them in Bumgarner and Vogelsong. Lincecum starts game three but he has been struggling so hopefully he figures things out. The Twins are the hottest team in baseball and the Giants have lost four in a row, going 0-26 w/RISP in the those four games. Its not surprising considering the shit lineups Bochy continues to throw out there. I am of course hoping for a series win but on top of that, I am hoping Sabean gets a chance to sit down and talk with the Twins brass about Cuddyer or Kubel. Kubel is currently in the DL with a foot injury but should be able to fully recover. Cuddyer has been hot and can play a variety of positions including second base, a need right now. Giants are hanging on to 1st place by a thread but they really need to hitting the damn ball and Bochy has got to stop batting terrible hitters in front of the heart of the order. I know our heart of the order isn't that good but goddamn, batting the worst hitters in the NL in front of them achieves nothing!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Bring on the Twinkies!!

Giants have already lost this game and haven't even recorded an out yet. Wait, the Giants did record an out finally but immediately give up a two run double. 8-0 in the first as Bumgarner was just grooving fastballs. I'm done watching! Giants lose five in a row and will be out of 1st!

MLB ERA

Yeah that was a horrible performance by Bumgarner, now its up to Vogelsong to stop the bleeding.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Vogelsong pitches another gem!! Giants lead 4-1 in the top of the 8th and Whiteside has practically been our entire offense. 3 RBI for good ole Whitey.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants win, take the series and and are tied for 1st! I sure hope Sabean got a chance to talk trades with the Twins because Cuddyer would do us a lot of good. Tejada went 2-3 batting 7th, I sure hope he stays there. Lincecum was simply Freaky!! 12 K's in 7 innings of shutout baseball!! We needed him to get back on track and he did it! Yet another 1 run win

MLB ERA

After that 8 runs in the first inning of the first game, the Giants outscored the Twins 9-3!!!!!

MLB ERA

Losing a game to Lincecum is not a shame. Lincecum is just good. Duensing pitched very well today, but got out pitched.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon