Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds @ San Francisco for four!!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Reds @ San Francisco for four!!

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yeah they really had a horseshoe up their ass having the best starting pitching from August til November in all of baseball last year More blind hatred pouring over into this thread. The day you actually give credit where credit is due, I will die of shock! When you have great pitching, you win close games. Pretty simple concept
    Yeah, but the difference this year is their MVP Buster Posey is out for the year (which no less prompted somebody here to post a thread titled "Giants are fucked!") and yet their offense somehow keeps generating come-from-behind wins. Like I said, the Giants have a horseshoe up their asses.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zodious View Post
    Called it perfectly!
    Despite saying they'll lose one second, and they'll win the next. Wishy washy fans, I swear.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Yeah, but the difference this year is their MVP Buster Posey is out for the year (which no less prompted somebody here to post a thread titled "Giants are fucked!") and yet their offense somehow keeps generating come-from-behind wins. Like I said, the Giants have a horseshoe up their asses.
    Again so that even you might understand, GREAT PITCHING HELPS YOU WIN CLOSE BALLGAMES!!! Its as old as baseball itself. No horseshoes, four leaf clovers, genies, wishing wells or any other dumb fucking idea you can come up with!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Again so that even you might understand, GREAT PITCHING HELPS YOU WIN CLOSE BALLGAMES!!! Its as old as baseball itself. No horseshoes, four leaf clovers, genies, wishing wells or any other dumb fucking idea you can come up with!
    I remember the 2003 Dodgers when the difference between their league-best team ERA and the league average was historically one of the greatest, yet they rarely won the close ballgames (2-25 when scoring just once), and their scrubs certainly weren't making game-winning plays. For them to finish 15.5 games behind the Giants despite GREAT pitching was just unfair.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah it was really unfair they got outplayed/sarcasm. Dodgers bullpen was amazing that year but the Giants were no slouches. Giants had good pitching that year too but also had a good offense and were the better team. Find me a better team in this year's NL West and then cry some more. Til then, give credit where credit is due. If not, we can continue this bullshit merry-go-round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12