Thread: The Rockies Again??

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants The Rockies Again??

Seems like we have played the Rockies 100 times already this season but here we go again for a three game set. Good news is we don't have to face them again til September when we played them for two series, one being the season finale. Lets knock them down further in the standings now and hopefully we won't have to meet them in a big series come September.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: The Rockies Again??

Those damn mountains will never go away.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants win 3-1! Burriss had a great game from the #2 hole going 3-4 but never scored a run. What a wonderful middle of the lineup we have Ross went 2-3 with 2 RBI and Crawford got the Giants other RBI. Cain wasn't the sharpest but he got his first win in three weeks. Great win for the Giants as the stay above the Dbacks.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants lose a tough one 2-1! Chacin didn't have good stuff and we still couldn't hit him. Ross homered for our only run. It should have been a tie ballgame had it not been for an error but oh well. Lets just win the series!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Speaking of Crawford, what's your assessment of him? Is he a long term option?
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

So far I have been impressed. He has made good contact and has a Posey-like swing where he tries to go the other way and stay behind the ball. His defense has been good too. His defense is definitely welcome and I could see him staying at the big league level if he continues to do well. A .250 BA and .330 OBP along with his defense would be a welcome sight. Anything is better than Tejada! Unless we go out and get a JOse Reyes, Crawford will be our SS for years to come.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Vogelsong is straight dealing so far!! Zito is not going to get his rotation spot back.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants win 2-1!! Great game from Vogelsong as he went eight strong and Wilson came in to shut the door. Our team MVP came through again as Freddy Sanchez tied the game 1-1 and Torres singled in the 8th to give us the lead. Our offense is terrible but we still keep winning games!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    So far I have been impressed. He has made good contact and has a Posey-like swing where he tries to go the other way and stay behind the ball. His defense has been good too. His defense is definitely welcome and I could see him staying at the big league level if he continues to do well. A .250 BA and .330 OBP along with his defense would be a welcome sight. Anything is better than Tejada! Unless we go out and get a JOse Reyes, Crawford will be our SS for years to come.
    Perhaps he will be part of a Reyes "deal", if it were to happen. Maybe not the central piece of the trade for the mets, but obviously a young guy that could play right away.
    Ted

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah I think he would have to be part of the deal if it were to happen. Hopefully he steps it up so we don't have to trade for a Reyes

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Meanwhile, Reyes just kicked Hudson's ass.
    Ted

Rookie ERA

LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941