Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants are fucked!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants are fucked!

Scott Cousins mowed down Buster Posey tonight in extra innings and Posey left the game with a leg injury. It looked like it was his ankle but Posey was in some serious pain. If Posey has to miss any significant time, the Giants are fucked. We have no catching depth in the minors and Whiteside isn't good offensively. If you haven't been paying much attention to the Giants this year, they have no offense. This could be a huge blow to the team! I am hoping its just a sprained ankle because otherwise, we are fucked! We would probably have to go outside the organization to find a catcher.

MLB ERA

re: Giants are fucked!

I saw the play man! I mouth was in utter silence after I saw that collision, even the whole 40k+ in the stands were in shock at what just happened. I'm with you as every giants fan who is hoping for just a sprained ankle!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The latest on Buster Posey’s condition, and where the Giants stand now | Extra Baggs

I have smoked two joints and I still feel that sick feeling to my stomach.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Scott Cousins: the pride of Sparks, Nevada.

Amy Gutierrez of CSNBayArea.com reports that Buster Posey was diagnosed with a broken leg and torn ligaments.
    Just awful. It's important to note that this information has not been confirmed by the team, but that's what we are hearing right now. Eli Whiteside will presumably take over as the primary catcher, though it will be interesting to see if the Giants make a call to former backstop Bengie Molina, who has been weighing retirement. Stay tuned for official word from the team, but it sounds like the Giants will be without Posey for an extended period of time.

Goodnight sweet prince.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Local guys whatever, didn't go to my HS, plus I didn't even know who Cousins was until I was at a local bar. Shows you how much I really care.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That really sucks
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

Tough injury for the Giants to deal with. The play was clean, but hard. Thats what happens when the ball and runner arrive at the same time. The runner has a decision to make, and so does the catcher. Both guys decided to hold their ground and an injury was the result.
    On a side note, Tim Laudner (former Twins' catcher) talked about how to block the plate after yesterday's game. He said that when the ball and runner get there at the same time, the best way to avoid injury is to roll with the runner after applying the tag. Posey tried to do this, but his spikes got hung up a bit, it appears.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

Rookie ERA

Cousins had no business running over Posey.

He'll be joining the list of players that I hate.

Edit: After seeing a new angle of the play, I am not so certain.
    Last edited by Trendy Bastard; 05-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    LeagueTeamRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLKansas City Royals (NYY/TB)3611-351711487
    TBLCleveland Indians1084-6982521
    HSLChicago Cubs2071-17641941

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think the play was clean because if you watch the replay, Cousins was running hard with his head down and only looked up with less than ten feet or so of home plate. Cousins has his job to do too and that's score. I have no ill towards Cousins but am extremely upset Posey has a fracture in his leg. The MRI results have not been revealed. I can live with a fracture but if there is ligament damage, we're fucked in a major way! That means he will be out even longer. This injury has caused quite a ripple effect in the organization. Here's what I mean:

Darren Ford and Mike Fontenot have been placed on the DL
    Ryan Rohlinger and Henry Sosa have been DFA'd
    Brandon Belt, Brandon Crawford and Chris Stewart have been called up.

You all know about Belt. Crawford is a glove man at SS but has shown no ability to hit good pitching. Chris Stewart is a backup catcher.

Now its time to talk replacements for Stewart because the Giants will have a massive hole at C. Ryan Doumit would be my first choice. He should be available and can play multiple positions. He does have a reputation of not being the hardest working catcher in the world so that is a huge concern. He would have to work his ass off to learn this new, great pitching staff.

Bengie Molina is not an option. He is not in baseball shape and most likely wouldn't come back for just a month or two, assuming its only a fracture.

WE'RE FUCKED!

MLB ERA

I wonder which will have a bigger impact De LaRosa for the Rockies or Posey for the Giants?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Posey by far!! He's an everyday player and the bulk of the Giants offense. De la Rosa pitches just every 5th day and has only pitched over 130 innings once in his career.

Banned
    Rookie ERA

This is a big blow to the Giants. I think even more than losing Posey's bat in the middle of the Giants lineup it is ability to call a game behind the plate that is going to be missed the most by the Giants.

Rookie ERA

I just saw the clip of the collision, it was just a fluke that Posey basically bent back on that leg., certainly not pretty. Sucks big time for Buster and the Giants.

MLB ERA

I was watching Kruk and Kuip postgame and man you'd think somebody died. Kruk was saying dude should fined and/or suspended. Giants will make a trade it's their division for the taking again.

Methinks Mets fans are gonna be fucked come the trade deadline.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast